Liquid Cooler noise at system start-up.

Hello All,

I have listed my system in my signature. Let me start by saying that there are no performance issues. But as soon as I start the system, the voltage surge is huge and fans speed up for like a second or two. And in that moment, one of the fans in my Antec H2O 1250 AIO Liquid Cooler makes some unbearable noise which makes me wonder about some failure. The noise is a high pitch noise as if something has the fan blocked for 1 or 2 seconds. 

This is my first liquid cooled system, and I have built liquid cooled setups before, for friends and other people. But I have never experienced such an issue before. 

Is this noise normal?

One more thing, this cooler is very unusual and unique. The best thing about it is that it has two pumps, mounted on the fan hubs. So there are negligible vibrations on the CPU socket. One bad thing is that there is literally no way that you can use some custom or aftermarket fans with it, as it is not detachable.

Is there any way that I can control the incoming voltage to the cooler so that it wont be noisy? Because there is only one power connector for the whole cooler, that includes two fans, two pumps with the radiator. Is it too much to supply that much power through only one connector?

Again, I had one of the fan and pumps on CPU OPT, but then both the fans and pumps rotate at different speeds, making CPU OPT the fastest one, and it is super noisy.

Please let me know.

Youtube Gaming Channel : International Gaming Forum (IGF) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3kAr9J4RlOjuRVmoBRu5fQ

Intel Core i7 6700k   I   Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 Motherboard   I   Gskill Ripjaws V F4 3000Mhz 16GB RAM   I   Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming   I   Samsung 850 Evo M.2 SSD

I   Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA SSD   I   Seagate 4TB Mechanical HDD   I   Antec H2O 1250 CPU Liquid Cooler   I   NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Chassis   I   Mad Catz Cyborg V7 Gaming Keyboard   

I   Mad Catz M.M.O.T.E Gaming Mouse   I     So Basically, Oculus Ready!

48 minutes ago, Chirag Borawake said:

Hello All,

I have listed my system in my signature. Let me start by saying that there are no performance issues. But as soon as I start the system, the voltage surge is huge and fans speed up for like a second or two. And in that moment, one of the fans in my Antec H2O 1250 AIO Liquid Cooler makes some unbearable noise which makes me wonder about some failure. The noise is a high pitch noise as if something has the fan blocked for 1 or 2 seconds. 

This is my first liquid cooled system, and I have built liquid cooled setups before, for friends and other people. But I have never experienced such an issue before. 

Is this noise normal?

One more thing, this cooler is very unusual and unique. The best thing about it is that it has two pumps, mounted on the fan hubs. So there are negligible vibrations on the CPU socket. One bad thing is that there is literally no way that you can use some custom or aftermarket fans with it, as it is not detachable.

Is there any way that I can control the incoming voltage to the cooler so that it wont be noisy? Because there is only one power connector for the whole cooler, that includes two fans, two pumps with the radiator. Is it too much to supply that much power through only one connector?

Again, I had one of the fan and pumps on CPU OPT, but then both the fans and pumps rotate at different speeds, making CPU OPT the fastest one, and it is super noisy.

Please let me know.

dodgy ghetto is to a molex or whatever with some arduino cables or some wire. attach it to the 5v rail...

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280