Apps won't install, except drivers

Hello, I have just upgraded my old PC, I moved my SSD and HDD from the old PC to the new one. I formatted it and did a clean install of Windows.

When I try to install apps, it will look like they installed properly, but once they open, they either close 1 second after opening, or give an error message (depending on wich app it is).

What can I do? Windows says I have all the drivers.

I hope for an answer.

Kind regards

ReThorb_

UPDATE: All microsoft apps (Mail, Sway, etc.) and nvidia stuff does work. The rest is broken AF, even after reinstalling.

UPDATE: Installed some apps using Ninite. Some of them seem to work, but not all.

HAVENT DONE ANYTHING! But now things seem to go okay, will update if things decide to borke

UPDATE: ............. Many Apps still broken, except chrome, Minecraft sometimes opens, but when I launch the game from the launcher, it crashes.. I'm getting terribly annoyed.

UPDATE: Did another clean install..... Guess what? Still broken. PEOPLE HELP PLS

UPDATE: I'm starting to question the functionality of the drive itself (ADATA SP900)

2 hours ago, ReThorb_ said:

HAVENT DONE ANYTHING! But now things seem to go okay, will update if things decide to borke

UPDATE: ............. Many Apps still broken, except chrome, Minecraft sometimes opens, but when I launch the game from the launcher, it crashes.. I'm getting terribly annoyed.

UPDATE: Did another clean install..... Guess what? Still broken. PEOPLE HELP PLS

UPDATE: I'm starting to question the functionality of the drive itself (ADATA SP900)

tried to open with admin? i've never heard of anything like this and if you can maybe install windows on your hdd to see if it's the ssd?

Main build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD4  RAM: corsair ballistix 2400mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Asus GTX 970  PSU: corsair rm1000  SSD 1: Samsung 840evo 500gb  SSD 2: Samsung 850evo 500gb  HDD: Western Digital red 3tb  Case: Phanteks Enthoo pro M  CPU cooler: corsair h80i

Second build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD5 WIFI  RAM: G.skill 2666mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Nvidia GTS 450 (soon to be upgraded)  PSU: corsair HX650  SSD: Samsung 850evo 250gb  Case: Cooler Master 430 elite  CPU cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 evo

Third build

CPU: xeon x5690  MotherBoard: Evga x58 classified 4way-sli  Ram: Patriot 1600mhz 4x3gb  GPU: Asus HD6970  PSU: fractal newton r2 1000w  SSD: crucial m500 240gb  Case: Cooler Master Haf X  CPU cooler: Mega Shadow

I have opened it with admin rights, no succes. I could install windows on the HDD but I had the issue before I formatted the drive (so that's after upgrading system, before formatting). So would that really make sense if anything happend to the drive? Windows also works fine itself..

UPDATE: I installed Windows on the HDD, luckily, it doesn't work (if it would have worken, it would have meant my SSD is broken). Although it's not like i'm any further in figuring out what is actually going on..

I'm bumping this again, so many posts get replied to instantly... Maybe you all have as little help to provide as I do...

BUMP

26 minutes ago, ReThorb_ said:

I'm bumping this again, so many posts get replied to instantly... Maybe you all have as little help to provide as I do...

BUMP

now when you bumped it i got an idea of what it could be. i saw someone else that also had a problem and i think we came to the conlcusion that his windows was an oem license and not a retail one. it should save the mobo so it can only really be used on that mobo

Main build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD4  RAM: corsair ballistix 2400mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Asus GTX 970  PSU: corsair rm1000  SSD 1: Samsung 840evo 500gb  SSD 2: Samsung 850evo 500gb  HDD: Western Digital red 3tb  Case: Phanteks Enthoo pro M  CPU cooler: corsair h80i

Second build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD5 WIFI  RAM: G.skill 2666mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Nvidia GTS 450 (soon to be upgraded)  PSU: corsair HX650  SSD: Samsung 850evo 250gb  Case: Cooler Master 430 elite  CPU cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 evo

Third build

CPU: xeon x5690  MotherBoard: Evga x58 classified 4way-sli  Ram: Patriot 1600mhz 4x3gb  GPU: Asus HD6970  PSU: fractal newton r2 1000w  SSD: crucial m500 240gb  Case: Cooler Master Haf X  CPU cooler: Mega Shadow

But... Okay. Windows isn't properly activated (I see that only now) but I don't get the Activate Windows message in the bottom right of the screen. I got warned of this situation when I had some earlier questions about Windows Activation before I upgraded, they said I should use BellArc Advisor to tell me my Windows License (it wasn't on the case of my old prebuilt PC) but now it won't accept that license anymore. They also told me that if the activation wouldn't work I would have to contact the Customer Support of Microsoft to have them manually make the key work for my new mobo.. Is that what I should do then?

3 minutes ago, ReThorb_ said:

But... Okay. Windows isn't properly activated (I see that only now) but I don't get the Activate Windows message in the bottom right of the screen. I got warned of this situation when I had some earlier questions about Windows Activation before I upgraded, they said I should use BellArc Advisor to tell me my Windows License (it wasn't on the case of my old prebuilt PC) but now it won't accept that license anymore. They also told me that if the activation wouldn't work I would have to contact the Customer Support of Microsoft to have them manually make the key work for my new mobo.. Is that what I should do then?

yes you should contact microsoft about this, if this doesn't work come back to me and i got one more thing that could work

Main build

Second build

Third build

Could you give me their number for customer support? Because their website is so misleading and they don't like to make you talk to human beings before asking you 1 million times to use their Answer Desk (wich is closed now)

EDIT: found it, nvm

5 minutes ago, ReThorb_ said:

Could you give me their number for customer support? Because their website is so misleading and they don't like to make you talk to human beings before asking you 1 million times to use their Answer Desk (wich is closed now)

i think this is the number  (0)20 500 1500

Main build

Second build

Third build

I found the number. But they told me that it wasn't possible to move my license to this mobo so to say because it was an OEM license in the first place. You had another option? Or is that now elimated because Customer Service couldn't do it either?

18 minutes ago, ReThorb_ said:

I found the number. But they told me that it wasn't possible to move my license to this mobo so to say because it was an OEM license in the first place. You had another option? Or is that now elimated because Customer Service couldn't do it either?

i am able to get you a license however it wouldn't be free but far lower then store prices

Main build

Second build

Third build

1 minute ago, ReThorb_ said:

I just got one for $25.99, but thanks for the offer!

no problem, hope it will work now c:

Main build

Second build

Third build

I had assumed it would be related to your motherboard (in your other thread).

As I said before, the Product Key for Windows 10 is tied to your motherboard, and its associated hardware code and firmware information. The information is stored within the Microsoft servers. When you reinstall Windows 10, it will perform a "look up" to search for a match for that particular motherboard, and what the Windows 10 Product Key was when it was installed the first time.

If it doesn't match, then you get an error -- in your case, activation error since your Product Key was an OEM version.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

51 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

I had assumed it would be related to your motherboard (in your other thread).

As I said before, the Product Key for Windows 10 is tied to your motherboard, and its associated hardware code and firmware information. The information is stored within the Microsoft servers. When you reinstall Windows 10, it will perform a "look up" to search for a match for that particular motherboard, and what the Windows 10 Product Key was when it was installed the first time.

If it doesn't match, then you get an error -- in your case, activation error since your Product Key was an OEM version.

Thanks, but I already knew that and Windows Activation issues are now resolved.

But even after properly activating Windows 10, the issues still remain, just like before. I download a program, load the installer, sometimes it works sometimes it gets stuck in the end of the installation (like Java), but always, when I load some installed apps that didn't come with Windows 10t crashes.

I'm so frustrated I need 100% more cats.

Since I don't think there are many people here that can help me, I'll name some things that I think might fix the issue and you can tell me how reasonable they are.

1. DirectX

2. OpenGL

3. Nothing Windows related (I tried a clean install twice, new activation code, disk formatting, installing on the secondary drive; they all failed)

4. Java (Minecraft spitted out errors with Java Runtime Environment, wich I am not even able to install)

16 minutes ago, ReThorb_ said:

Since I don't think there are many people here that can help me, I'll name some things that I think might fix the issue and you can tell me how reasonable they are.

1. DirectX

2. OpenGL

3. Nothing Windows related (I tried a clean install twice, new activation code, disk formatting, installing on the secondary drive; they all failed)

4. Java (Minecraft spitted out errors with Java Runtime Environment, wich I am not even able to install)

with no clue what it could be, i now give you this video in hope if will fix your issue

Main build

Second build

Third build

Have you checked the Sata cables, the ports, and the connection of the hard drive? It could also be a faulty hard drive if you had installed all the programs onto your hard drive instead of the SSD.

51 minutes ago, ExozeGD said:
1 hour ago, ReThorb_ said:

1. DirectX

2. OpenGL

with no clue what it could be, i now give you this video in hope if will fix your issue

I'll try this tomorrow, although the thumbnail is nowhere near what I get in terms of errors, but ill try.

20 minutes ago, Xenesis said:

Have you checked the Sata cables, the ports, and the connection of the hard drive? It could also be a faulty hard drive if you had installed all the programs onto your hard drive instead of the SSD.

I'll do that tomorrow aswell and report here.

NOPE I've checked my cable, I did exactly what the video said, nothing. I guess ill try different SATA Ports now... But those are SATA 2

UPDATE: Changed SATA ports 0 to 1, Java for example still doesn't want to install.

UPDATE: I can get two types of errors for Java (8.73):

1. When I open the offline installer or if the online installer is done downloading it, it crashes without even being able to see the installer (Java Platform SE Binary has stopped working, close now?).

2. Sometimes (for some reason) it will install untill it breaks at 3/4 or like 7/8 of the bar, then it just closes and a new window appears with (Error 1603: Java could not be installed).

Ofcourse, Java is only one of programs that don't work..

UPDATE: I just ran Intel Diagnostics Tool; it fully passed. No bad CPU here. (i5 4590)