BOSD System Service Exception - ASmedia XHCI driver

Question on a BOSD I recently encountered. The error was a System Service Exception (asmtxhci.sys)

I checked the ASmedia USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller and it seems to be working in Device Manager. The checked the system event logs and something apparently interrupted its operation.

Anyway, I was able to reproduce the issue when I plugged in an Xbox One controller to the USB3.0 hub on my keyboard. What I noticed was that the keyboard would become less responsive. The caps lock and num lock seemed to lag behind actually enabling/disabling. Also, Device Manager reported the Xbox controller wasn't operating because of lack of power. Plugged the controller into the PC directly and the controller launched the installer (apparently the system needed the driver reinstalled???) and now it seemed to work smoothly. Apparently, my keyboard's hub can no longer power it correctly, although it has in the past.... albeit not well (i have previously quit plugging in through the keyboard hub... don't know why I decided to today).

BTW, all my drivers are up to date on the motherboard and USB controller.

TL;DR - Got a BOSD for System Service Exception (asmtxhci.sys). Reproduced the BOSD when plugging Xbox controller through Keyboard USB3.0 HUB. Is that even a possible cause of a BOSD? Does any of this sound like I should worry about any other components?

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS | Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GD5OC

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB + Western Digital BLACK 2TB | PSU: Corsair AX860i | Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | OS: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)