Planning a strange build (just for fun)

So I want to do a build kinda like a mineral cooled pc. But that is expensive. (This might be the same cost or less idk it's just for fun)

I want to make a oc that is submerged in freezing water. Sounds crazy right? Well this is what I was thinking

no idea on parts yet. But I want to see it be used in 4K gaming. (I have the moniter)

so I was thinking of getting like a heat sink like 212 evo (probably something bigger) for the cpu and gpu

then getting some hard plastic casing made to go around the mother board and all the components ( I have a buddy who can make these.

and for the cpu and gpu to still cool I'll get a custom make casing to fit on top of the heat skin just the part the sits on the couch not the fins.

have holes cut a water tight gaskets to put around It so the fins and heat pipe can go in the wate with no water going In. 

Then just have super cold water being pumped in a case and pumped out in a loop. (Still working on how)

no matter how many of you say it's dumb I'm still going to try to do It. I'll test it with shit parts from eBay before I go with the expensive ones.

if your going to say don't do it. Please don't reply becase that is sunless input that is not needed as it is not helpful to me in any way shape for forum. And that would be against the COC.

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

This would be cool… I would try to do it with cardboard instead of parts if you know what I mean (instead of buying shitty stuff)

Well I hope your friend is very good at making those bits of plastic because if there is one leak then you will kill all of your components. 

Personally I would never dream of doing it but hay not my money to waste...

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

My thoughts:

1. That would be epic.

2. One little leak would mean death. So you gotta be sure your friend knows what he's doing.

3. How would you keep pumping freezing water through there lol.

Seems dangerous but also cool at the same time. Hope it works :D

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

This sounds super ballsy. If your friend is this skilled with precisions manufacturing, he should start a business.

And perhaps look for some hydrophobic spray that you could apply to all the parts as an added precaution?

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

You need more than a radiator for that. You better hope that all the seals are good (I suggest rigorous testing before using them). That would be pretty COOL (pun intended). I bet people would love pics of the finished product. You could rig up an ice maker to constantly produce ice for the rig and hook it up to the system. Good luck on the build

The smartest idiot you will ever find

30 minutes ago, AlbinoTexan said:

So I want to do a build kinda like a mineral cooled pc. But that is expensive. (This might be the same cost or less idk it's just for fun)

I want to make a oc that is submerged in freezing water. Sounds crazy right? Well this is what I was thinking

no idea on parts yet. But I want to see it be used in 4K gaming. (I have the moniter)

so I was thinking of getting like a heat sink like 212 evo (probably something bigger) for the cpu and gpu

then getting some hard plastic casing made to go around the mother board and all the components ( I have a buddy who can make these.

and for the cpu and gpu to still cool I'll get a custom make casing to fit on top of the heat skin just the part the sits on the couch not the fins.

have holes cut a water tight gaskets to put around It so the fins and heat pipe can go in the wate with no water going In. 

Then just have super cold water being pumped in a case and pumped out in a loop. (Still working on how)

no matter how many of you say it's dumb I'm still going to try to do It. I'll test it with shit parts from eBay before I go with the expensive ones.

if your going to say don't do it. Please don't reply becase that is sunless input that is not needed as it is not helpful to me in any way shape for forum. And that would be against the COC.

So basicly, a custom water loop under water PC?

Also i am guessing in order for it to pump freezing water would be by having a freeze box on the side or top and having your water loop go through it and basicly (cool to 0) while it flows, but that sounds more like you need a liquid nitrogen ( P.S. would be probably easier to do it subbed in liquid nitrogen hahahahah)

Be sure to post a build guide if you do plan on doing it. Would love to see how it goes.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Use a spirit :P something that can hold subzero without freezing, VODKA!!!! (If only)

55 minutes ago, Matty2hatty said:

This would be cool… I would try to do it with cardboard instead of parts if you know what I mean (instead of buying shitty stuff)

That's a good idea to test for leaks 

50 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

My thoughts:

1. That would be epic.

2. One little leak would mean death. So you gotta be sure your friend knows what he's doing.

3. How would you keep pumping freezing water through there lol.

Seems dangerous but also cool at the same time. Hope it works :D

I was thinking have like tubing a in and a out and set up like a pump to pump though it and loop it. And the freezing water could come from like a bathtub or something I'll have to think about that 

22 minutes ago, Howlingwolf101 said:

Be sure to post a build guide if you do plan on doing it. Would love to see how it goes.

Will do!

how about silicon oil? Non conductive and and doesn't ruin rubber and install a chiller in the system so no need for a pipe.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

how about silicon oil? Non conductive and and doesn't ruin rubber and install a chiller in the system so no need for a pipe.

would that still require casings around parts? and i want whatever it is to look like water as much as possible, i want it to be a dangerous build. something that hasn't been done or is rarely done xD

2 minutes ago, AlbinoTexan said:

would that still require casings around parts? and i want whatever it is to look like water as much as possible, i want it to be a dangerous build. something that hasn't been done or is rarely done xD

Just in order to contain the oil but it does not need a top

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, thekeemo said:

Just in order to contain the oil but it does not need a top

i mean the parts them self. i kinda wanted to use something that has a risk factor. unlike a mineral oil pc that the parts are safe in it. like water if a part goes in water then RIP

Just now, AlbinoTexan said:

i mean the parts them self. i kinda wanted to use something that has a risk factor. unlike a mineral oil pc that the parts are safe in it. like water if a part goes in water then RIP

Reread the post and I have a question. How do you expect water not to get through the fans?

4 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Reread the post and I have a question. How do you expect water not to get through the fans?

i am not going to be using fans, the heat skins with no fan will be in the water and that will be cooling the CPU and GPU, id mount a CPU cooler on the GPU