Project: Noob Machine 1.0 (Help me plan & build my first PC)

Xafer

Well  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gyfLnQ is a descent one, will give u more then enough room for OC. "Might" be a bit over kill for your system, how ever should be good. Its 80+ gold, and should come with descent black cables if i am not wrong. And its around 70 bucks.

11 minutes ago, Promaja said:

Well  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gyfLnQ is a descent one, will give u more then enough room for OC. "Might" be a bit over kill for your system, how ever should be good. Its 80+ gold, and should come with descent black cables if i am not wrong. And its around 70 bucks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-210gq0650

26 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

One of the Antec True power classic ones.

Antec power supplies are hard to find in Denmark - Just saw the rm650x from corsair is 160mm, would that be a good choice? And does 650w leave enough headroom for light overclocking and such?

well u cant go wrong if u choose silverstone or seasonic. How ever i don`t see the point going for rly powerful PSU for mItx skylike build. Its just waste of money. But that is my personal opinion ofc :D. U can`t put another gpu in it. Also in future if u desire to upgrade cpu or gpu. Chance that next generation will consume more power then current is literally impossible. Especially now when every one is talking about smaller and more power efficient chips. So to me in worst case scenario they will consume same amount of power as they do now. And i expect for future TDP to drop down. For average Skylike mITX build u can easy go with good quality 450W fanless psu and even do custom watercooling set up with it. And that 450 would be a bare minimum. How ever i personally like to have some more then bare minimum that is why i recommended u that full modular 550 gold psu from evga.

Edit: And if i am not mistaken that psu is made by either Superflower or Seasonic, EVGA just put their sticker on it and sells it. 

Edited by Promaja

2 hours ago, Xafer said:

Antec power supplies are hard to find in Denmark - Just saw the rm650x from corsair is 160mm, would that be a good choice? And does 650w leave enough headroom for light overclocking and such?

It´s okay, and would provide more than enough for what you want. Can you find an rmi or an hx perhaps though?

53 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

It´s okay, and would provide more than enough for what you want. Can you find an rmi or an hx perhaps though?

RMI yes - But its more expensive, and do i really need Corsair Link?

28 minutes ago, Xafer said:

RMI yes - But its more expensive, and do i really need Corsair Link?

No, you don´t need corsair link. Just suggested it because it´s a higher tier. The RM should be fine though, just go with that if the RMI is alot more expensive.

Just found a deal on an Asus 970 STRIX, bundled with a 120gb ssd (And Far Cry Primal) for the same price as a gaming branded 970 from MSI, Gigabyte etc. (Twin Frozr and such)

I guess that would be a good buy - Use the 120gb ssd for windows, and a couple of programs. Then i can pull my 250gb ssd out of my old laptop and use for my steam library.

First part has arrived :)

Intel Core i5 6600k

DSC04536.jpg

Update - More parts have arrived, only two more to go!

dm90nt.png

Update:

Just finished putting my build together - Didn't run into any major problems, only a few smaller issues - Nothing a quick google search couldn't fix.

I still need to wipe my ssd from my laptop and install it in this system