Setting up Headset

Hi guys~

I have a Jabra UC Voice 750  that I'd like to use for the PC. At the moment I have the drivers installed and switched the playback/recording device to the headset, and all seems well. But I was wondering if it were possible to set it up so that a key on my keyboard could mute/unmute the headset instead of the button on the wire? It is pretty out of the way and will cause problems when gaming to reach for whenever I need to talk/report situations. I'd leave it on unmute and just rely on the game's "push to talk" functions, but I can hear myself and everything around me regardless of pressing the "push to talk" button over the sounds of the game, which makes it very distracting (and in AA:PG and most recently, Project Reality, sound is very crucial to survival).

Am I just setting it up wrong, or is this the intention of a headset? And if so, anything I can do at all to improve convenience or whatnot? I have only an hour or two at night after work, exercising and studying so I'd hate for my only free time and my first experience using a mic annoy the living hell out of me. xD

Thanks for any support and whatnot. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I like headsets that give you feedback so you can hear yourself, stops you shouting (i assume thats what you mean)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

3 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I like headsets that give you feedback so you can hear yourself, stops you shouting (i assume thats what you mean)

I think that's it. For example, I can hear myself type on the keyboard, click my mouse etc etc. It also kind of sounds like voices are echoed, or slower or delayed...I don't know exactly how to describe these things, but it seems really odd.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

25 minutes ago, Albatross said:

I think that's it. For example, I can hear myself type on the keyboard, click my mouse etc etc. It also kind of sounds like voices are echoed, or slower or delayed...I don't know exactly how to describe these things, but it seems really odd.

It should not be delayed, if it has real time monitoring it should not be behind or echoey

Sure you havnt got "listen to microphone" enabled somewhere

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It should not be delayed, if it has real time monitoring it should not be behind or echoey

Sure you havnt got "listen to microphone" enabled somewhere

I do have it enabled, because without it, people can't hear me (nor can I).

1 minute ago, Albatross said:

I do have it enabled, because without it, people can't hear me (nor can I).

You have the "listen to this microphone" enabled in windows sound options?

You should not need that enabled for the microphone to work

You have the "listen to this microphone" enabled in windows sound options?

You should not need that enabled for the microphone to work

Yes, I have it enabled. I just turned it off and nothing can be heard.

Yes, I have it enabled. I just turned it off and nothing can be heard.

Hm that is 100% wrong, not sure why

is it a USB headset?

Hm that is 100% wrong, not sure why

is it a USB headset?

Yes, it is a USB headset.

Yes, it is a USB headset.

sounds like some sort of software / driver issue

sounds like some sort of software / driver issue

Jabra has a Suit software for it, should I try that?

2 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Jabra has a Suit software for it, should I try that?

Sure, cant hurt :)

Sure, cant hurt :)

Well, that was useless. It was a control panel that basically did the same thing as the sound panel on Windows itself. lol I'll try uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it.

Just now, Albatross said:

Well, that was useless. It was a control panel that basically did the same thing as the sound panel on Windows itself. lol I'll try uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it.

oh haha >< thats useful

good idea

oh haha >< thats useful

good idea

Alright, that didn't work. While in game, the little icon appears while I talk indicating that I am, but my voice can't be heard. :(

1 hour ago, Albatross said:

Alright, that didn't work. While in game, the little icon appears while I talk indicating that I am, but my voice can't be heard. :(

Im sorry :( its really hard to diagnose, but it doesnt sound right at all

any other headsets you can try?

4 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Im sorry :( its really hard to diagnose, but it doesnt sound right at all

any other headsets you can try?

oh haha >< thats useful

good idea

Only other Jabra, which have the same problem.

51 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Only other Jabra, which have the same problem.

strange maybe its a jabra thing

^ That would seriously suck. :(

Here is what my Sound control panel looks like in case it might help find a solution:

knYqEdk.png

UiSsFrO.png

1 hour ago, Albatross said:

^ That would seriously suck. :(

Here is what my Sound control panel looks like in case it might help find a solution:

Looks completely normal, 

and to clarify, under the recording tab, in properties, you  must have "listen to this mic" ticked in order for the mic to work?

Looks completely normal, 

and to clarify, under the recording tab, in properties, you  must have "listen to this mic" ticked in order for the mic to work?

Yup. :(

Here's what it looks like when enabled/works.

XLXTQ62.png

Anyone got anything I can try? :(

In the Recording Tab, the bar shows it is detecting my mic, with or without the "listen to this device" enabled in the "listen" tab.

I seriously hate bumping things but...anyone?

I'm desperate. I can't communicate with my team without getting feedback, which greatly annoys them (either they kick me for it or mute me).