First ever build - Name: Axiom

thunder9231

I had picked out parts over a period of time to 'prep' for a proper build. Power supply, case, drives, video card; I picked earlier and have reused

Computer I was using before (I know, ewwww) [bought at Best Buy! lol] {transplanted}

Case: Corsair Carbide 500R
CPU: Intel Pentium E5300 Dual-core clocked at 2.6 GHz

RAM: 4GB DDR2 of whatever

Motherboard: Have no idea 

Power supply: Corsair HX750 Professional series

Video card: Nvidia GeForce GT 640 

SSD: OCZ Agility 3 90GB SATA III
HDD: Seagate SATA II 750GB

Beginning to gut and clean

2013-08-16133423.jpg

The new parts and final build

Case: Corsair Carbide 500R (Same as before)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k overclocked to 4.5GHz @ 1.250 volts

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) G-Skill Sniper @ 1600 MHz (X.M.P enabled)

Motherboard: Asus Z87-PRO

Power supply: Corsair HX750 Professional series (Same as before)
Video card: Nvidia GeForce GT 640 (I know, crap for this build but I'm saving for a new card) [same as before]

SSD: Corsair Force GT 120GB SATA III

HDD: Seagate 500GB SATA III (Also have a server with a 2TB drive for movies and a 750GB for data)

Cooling: Cosair H60 2013 edition

2013-08-16144759.jpg

Everything put in the case, nothing ran yet

2013-08-16155355.jpg

Final before some changes

2013-08-16161924.jpg

Ordered 2 Cougar Vortex HDB fans to put on the radiator in push/pull config. Moved the two fans to the top in exhaust on auto-stop when at a lower set temp and took out the top hard drive cage for the top front fan to pull in more fresh air

2013-09-05234555.jpg

And the desk setup I use it on that I built my self out of 2x4s! Paired with an Acer C7 Chromebook

2013-09-06231803.jpg

Other hardware I use: Logitech G510 keyboard, Logitech G500, a Dell monitor that I had gotten for free running at 1920x1080 on DVI (no adapter! DVI cable FTW!), and Cyber Acoustics 2.1. To me, they sound epic...

I'm still doing some minor tweaks to the inside but I think I got it right. As for the other computer, it's my media PC! With a Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 thrown in. You can see it under my desk.

I really like it. I do any web browsing on it while I'm playing a game so I don't have to keep switching back and forth. 

Now that a revised version with Haswell in it is coming out, kinda irritating me but I'm not upgrading it. I don't use it often on battery.

Nice build, take the stickers off and a new card and it should be great!

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

New gpu, that 640 sits in there looking like a sound card.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Thanks. I'm working on getting a new video card. Just have to have the funds. I'll post a pic once I get it and installed

Like it, love the colour scheme you got there. and such an improvement than the old build.

i think the stickers are ok, tell the others to shut up :P

and thats a nice proper build quality computer desk you built :)

good job.

got to love Asus components

If this was me insted of the H60 I would have go at Noctua NH-D14 or similar becouse it really would perform better than the H60. I am a water coolig guy but I myself would chose a D14 over a H60!

Dat purple PCB...

Great job for a first build, what GPU are you thinking of getting?

Not sure yet. Thinking about a Ti or an AMD card that's around the same line as the Ti

The color of that old motherboard is just fantastic. I wish they made them today. Would be awesome for a white/purple build.

Great new build, mate. Those little orange accents on the cooler's Cougar fan go great with the wires on the 24-pin connector

:)

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Not sure yet. Thinking about a Ti or an AMD card that's around the same line as the Ti

Wait for 9xxx series @CoolBeans , plus if you're saving up money, you'll have enough by when they come out

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

The color of that old motherboard is just fantastic. I wish they made them today. Would be awesome for a white/purple build.

Great new build, mate. Those little orange accents on the cooler's Cougar fan go great with the wires on the 24-pin connector

:)

Haha, I didn't even see that!

UPDATE: Side panel window mod

I grew tired of stareing at the mesh sidepanel and wished that it was clear or was shipped with a window sidepanel. But nope. I changed it.

Before:

2013-09-17130745.jpg

Cut the polycarbonate to size. Could have done better on the cutting but it is what it is. Yes, I know the stickers are still on it..

2013-09-18111218.jpg

Painted the edges a half inch to cover up the metal supports in flat black

2013-09-18121123.jpg

Final result (Nexus 4 camera couldn't focus on this one for some reason)

2013-09-18125819.jpg

Installed!

2013-09-18130646.jpg

My plan is to order the Bitfenix Alchemy White lighting strip 20cm to light up the inside of the case. When ever they get back instock...

I hope to order a new video card later this week or next week depending on when I get my money from PayPal into my bank account from my ebay auction which will end tonight (9/18/2013)

Will post updates as things come in

Nice idea with painting the edges! :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

UPDATE: Graphics cards! and others

Old Card: MSI GeForce GT 640

Core Clock: ~900 MHz

RAM: 1 gig DDR3 @ ~1334 MHz with a memory interface of 128 bits

PCI Express 3.0 16x

384 CUDA Cores

New Cards (Both Identical): ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 

Core clock: 1020 MHz

Boost: 1085 MHz

RAM: 2 gig GDDR5 @ 1502 MHz with an effective at 6008 MHz with a memory interface of 192 bits

PCI Express 3.0 16x (SLI PCI-E x16 @ x8)

768 Cuda Cores

2013-09-26155157.jpg

Delivery!!!

2013-09-26161322.jpg

Installed

2013-09-26163335.jpg

With the side window 

Other changes that I have done to this build was I moved back the OCZ Agility 3 90 GB drive back into my build as a primary from being in my Chromebook since I had ordered an Adata Premier Pro SP600 32 GB that was thinner than the OCZ. The OCZ was bulging the cover. The Corsair Force GT 120 GB is being used for the current games that I play. Ones I don't, I'll either move to the 500GB drive or take it off completely. 

And minor things I've done like clean up some cables and was able to move around the cable from the push fan back behind the motherboard and into a header in reach without the cable cutting. 

As of now, this semi-budget build is finalized! I still want to get the Bitfenix Alchemy LED strips but places are still out of stock....

And sorry for more crappy pics.. I don't know what my phone is doing for quality...