Which 980ti

Planet-kuruto
Go to solution Solved by Castdeath97,
1 minute ago, Planet-kuruto said:

Well I heard that EVGA have some problems with their GPU is it true 

No, they are one of the best aftermarket cooler designers for Nvidia.

It comes down to which one you like the look of best. Of course a 980Ti with a tiny cooler wont perform as well as a 980Ti with a big cooler like the GB one.

-アパゾ

Just now, APasz said:

It comes down to which one you like the look of best. Of course a 980Ti with a tiny cooler wont perform as well as a 980Ti with a big cooler like the GB one.

So you're saying preformance wise the gigabyte is better

2 minutes ago, Planet-kuruto said:

Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI, Asus all have big coolers that keep the card cool. Just pick the one you think is prettiest

Edit - To answer the original question because I just looked at the PCP link. No. It doesn't matter.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Case Corsair Air 540 CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 iCX Motherboard Asus X370-F Memory G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz Display Asus VG248QE Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512GB - Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - 1TB WD Blue OS MS X Pro Peripherals Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire -  Razer DeathAdder 2013

Spoiler

Case 15.4" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro CPU Intel Core i7-3720QM GPU Nvidia GT650M Memory Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Display 1680x1050 AntiGlare Display Storage 1TB 5400RPM or Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD OS OS X Yosemite (Maybe El Capitan?) - BootCamp MS X Pro Peripherals Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Mionix Naos 7000 - Logitech K120 - Razer Tartarus Keypad

Just now, ChasingPluto said:

Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI, Asus all have big coolers that keep the card cool. Just pick the one you think is prettiest

Just now, Planet-kuruto said:

Aside from the 750 Ti fan curve thing, I haven't heard anything bad. EVGA is my default for Nvidia cards

Spoiler
Spoiler

Case Corsair Air 540 CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 iCX Motherboard Asus X370-F Memory G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz Display Asus VG248QE Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512GB - Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - 1TB WD Blue OS MS X Pro Peripherals Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire -  Razer DeathAdder 2013

Spoiler

Case 15.4" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro CPU Intel Core i7-3720QM GPU Nvidia GT650M Memory Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Display 1680x1050 AntiGlare Display Storage 1TB 5400RPM or Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD OS OS X Yosemite (Maybe El Capitan?) - BootCamp MS X Pro Peripherals Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Mionix Naos 7000 - Logitech K120 - Razer Tartarus Keypad

2 minutes ago, Planet-kuruto said:

Just now, ChasingPluto said:

Just check hardwarecanucks reviews and see which card fits your requirements best

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Planet-kuruto said:

No, they are one of the best aftermarket cooler designers for Nvidia.

Pascal laptops guide

I can vouch for the asus strix card. the fan opff feature is nice for no noise (fan doesn,t run when on decktop or below X degrees)

21 minutes ago, maverick_brent said:

I can vouch for the asus strix card. the fan opff feature is nice for no noise (fan doesn,t run when on decktop or below X degrees)

Many other 980TI cards have the fan off as well.

Pascal laptops guide

2 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

980TI cards have the fan off as well.

yup, just mentioning the feature is all. 

Asus STRIX cards are great.

My Rig: 2x Xeon x5690 @ 3.45Ghz 24GB DDR3 EEC RAM Asus STRIX GeForce GTX 970 SuperMicro X8DT3 Windows Server 2008 R2

Here's a little TL;DR of what you need to know about the GTX 970 and R9 390

R9 390 works better in VRAM-bound scenarios and compute bound scenarios and is best paired with higher end processors

GTX 970 works better in CPU-bound scenarios and tessellation bound scenarios and is best paired with lower end processors