Liquid freezer 120 (PC overheating)

Go to solution Solved by Ryoutarou97,
5 minutes ago, sissj said:

You might want to remove the cooler heat sink from the CPU and see if the thermal paste has spread properly, It would also be that the watercooling pump may have failed.

Listen to see if the pump is working or check to see if the air coming from the rad is warm to test that. If not, did you OC it and if so, how high?

So,  i just installed my new water cooler (Artic Liquid freezer 120) which also is my first water cooler. I installed it in push pull with the 2 fans that comes with it. I also put in 3 new Corsair AF 120 exhaust fans. The problem is that when i start up my PC and log in, my PC starts overheating at the desktop, it just got a BSOD because of the overheating. When i feel the water tubes they feel really hot so it is transfering the water/ heat away, but something else is really messed up!?

Can anyone help?

1 minute ago, Andreas422DB said:

So,  i just installed my new water cooler (Artic Liquid freezer 120) which also is my first water cooler. I installed it in push pull with the 2 fans that comes with it. I also put in 3 new Corsair AF 120 exhaust fans. The problem is that when i start up my PC and log in, my PC starts overheating at the desktop, it just got a BSOD because of the overheating. When i feel the water tubes they feel really hot so it is transfering the water/ heat away, but something else is really messed up!?

Can anyone help?

Silly question, but did you apply thermal paste?

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Just now, sissj said:

Silly question, but did you apply thermal paste?

Yea i did. I used the thermal paste that came with it.

Just now, Andreas422DB said:

Yea i did. I used the thermal paste that came with it.

You might want to remove the cooler heat sink from the CPU and see if the thermal paste has spread properly, It would also be that the watercooling pump may have failed.

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

5 minutes ago, sissj said:

Listen to see if the pump is working or check to see if the air coming from the rad is warm to test that. If not, did you OC it and if so, how high?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

3 minutes ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

Ok, im gonna do that now, and not it´s not overclocked.

Nope it is pumping and i can feel the water moving. Can it be because i placed the radiator in a bad spot with limited airflow??

Stupid me i made both fans blow air into the radiator. No wonder it overheated. Idle temps are now at 13 degrees. 

freezer120.jpg