New Build (Advice Welcome)

Cpt Buzzkill

Hey guys, so i have this build on my mind

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/mvmP23
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/mvmP23/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£171.06 @ Dabs)
Motherboard: MSI B150M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£66.99 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£32.95 @ More Computers)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£64.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£40.98 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£268.96 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£46.78 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£74.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £767.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-25 11:54 GMT+0000

i done my fair research and so far i think this is the best bang for the buck (people will recommend r9 390, fair play but i need shadowplay, also much more comfortable with Nvidia drivers)

my question is, what do you think? will this be just fine for 1080? i mean i play some mainstream games which dont require half of this (cs go, League of legends) But then i can go to heavier titles like (rust,farcry4 when its out, GTA5) so you recon i should be fine with this and pull the trigger?

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, leonard_sun said:

All things look good and this system will be running at 1080p no problem.

yehb thats what i was thinking, i was looking into 960 4gb, but i mean for extra 100£ i am getting phenominal performance boost... might aswell.

yep. this looks quite good. You will be able to run all games 1080@60. One thing: i don't get why you would invest in a fully modular PSU with a build like this. you could save a few pounds and get a semi-modular that has the same quality (maybe not gold rating but silver suffices, and you don't save much on your energy bill by sacrificing this tiny bit of energy efficiency... you could get an evga 650 GQ for example!

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

might want to get a cpu collier either liquid or a better air. This will allow you in the future to overclock or to tax the cpu

2 minutes ago, Epiclol86 said:

yep. this looks quite good. You will be able to run all games 1080@60. One thing: i don't get why you would invest in a fully modular PSU with a build like this. you could save a few pounds and get a semi-modular that has the same quality (maybe not gold rating but silver suffices, and you don't save much on your energy bill by sacrificing this tiny bit of energy efficiency... you could get an evga 650 GQ for example!

well ,future prove is 1 because in future i might go for polaris or pascal or vulcan or WHATEVER comes, so i will always have headroom.]

2- it will be amazing energy saving because the PSU will always be on idle

3 it will look very nice in my case, and it will be pleasant to look at :3

and when we talk about this build what is 10 pounds? when i am getting gold PSU with good performance you know?

2 minutes ago, Jstone said:

might want to get a cpu collier either liquid or a better air. This will allow you in the future to overclock or to tax the cpu

i will probably get nocturna after i upgread to K chip but for now i see that 6500 doesnt require after market fan + it runs cool on the stock fan.