CPU temp question

HeyGuys

So I finished my build and lucky everything booted up without any problem. The GPU temps are great, max 51°C after a full Heaven test.

The CPU is another story, a 5 min OCCT test showed this result:

QhCfzfI.png

I ran  a 5 min test while I still had my dark rock pro 3 and this was the result of that:

KvY12hP.png

So the #0 core is a little cooler but not that much.. Is this normal or do I have to reinstall the cpu block?

(CPU does not have an OC)

For clarification: the temps are: Current // min // max

Thanks!

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

2 minutes ago, yannickverc said:

HeyGuys

So I finished my build and lucky everything booted up without any problem. The GPU temps are great, max 51°C after a full Heaven test.

The CPU is another story, a 5 min OCCT test showed this result:

QhCfzfI.png

I ran  a 5 min test while I still had my dark rock pro 3 and this was the result of that:

KvY12hP.png

So the #0 core is a little cooler but not that much.. Is this normal or do I have to reinstall the cpu block?

(CPU does not have an OC)

Thanks!

thats normal. might be even caused by turbo boost. 

Just now, ben dover kid said:

thats normal. might be even caused by turbo boost. 

Oh, I thought my CPU temps would go wayyy down as well, just like my GPU.. Glad I wont have to reinstall it though

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

That's pretty high if you're running stock clocks and running a custom loop. Check the voltages when you're running OCCT. I used AIDA64, so you can try that as well.

On AIDA64 with stress cpu, stress fpu, stress cache, and stress system memory checked, I'm getting mid 50s on the stock 4790k, which ran at 4.2ghz @ a little less than 1.19v during the test. If I did just FPU, which is the hottest, I got mid 60s max. I'm custom watercooled as well. 

When overclocked to 4.7 on all four cores at 1.295, I'm getting about 70 max even after 90 minutes on AIDA64. That's with an ambient temp of about 21 degrees C and water temp of 25 to 26 degrees C. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

OCCT might also just be a hotter test than AIDA64. I haven't personally used it.

Plus, I'm on a 360 and a 280 radiator, so it's not a direct comparison. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

6 hours ago, Jidonsu said:

OCCT might also just be a hotter test than AIDA64. I haven't personally used it.

Plus, I'm on a 360 and a 280 radiator, so it's not a direct comparison. 

I have a 360 rad too :) I will try aida64. I just booted my PC and temps are super low. both gpu and cpu are on 24°C. I personally think that the rad cant cool the liquid fast enough and therefore my temps go up the longer my pc is on.

@Jidonsu I tested a bit with aida64 and my voltages were at 1.101V but my core clock was only 4GHz. Temps bounced between 50 and 58.