1st Build - Need Some Advice

georgebyrom
4 minutes ago, georgebyrom said:

Btw, any recommendations for a wireless adapter? I know wired is better in most cases, but in my house there's no way I'm going to be allowed to drill holes through ceilings and floors. :) 

Found this, It uses N standard (which is pretty good). Simply plug it into a pci slot like you would a graphics card. Will save a usb slot too!

1 minute ago, Epiclol86 said:

you could try internet plugs. these are things you plug in the electric outlets of your house, one near your router and you plug an ethernet cable into it. then it uses the wiring for electricity to carry the signal to the other plugs you plug in the electrical outlet you want all over your house (i'm using them at my place, works like a charm). You would have one where your pc would be plugged in the wall, and get cabled ethernet from there, and no holes!

YES! I'll look into it now!

1 minute ago, Oishter said:

Found this, It uses N standard (which is pretty good). Simply plug it into a pci slot like you would a graphics card. Will save a usb slot too!

Looks good! Good value according to reviews :) Im debating between this or the plug wire whatevers that Epiclol suggested.

1 minute ago, georgebyrom said:

now they can be a little expensive, but i'm sure you can get your parents to buy you a pair :P

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

Just now, georgebyrom said:

Hang on. Internet plugs are great, I use one myself. What I will say is that the one I use has varying speeds. On a 240megabit speed, I can spontaneously go from 30 megabit speed to about 5 megabit speed. that's .625 mebabytes at lowest and about 4 at highest.

Just now, Oishter said:

Hang on. Internet plugs are great, I use one myself. What I will say is that the one I use has varying speeds. On a 240megabit speed, I can spontaneously go from 30 megabit speed to about 5 megabit speed. that's .625 mebabytes at lowest and about 4 at highest.

Thanks! Internet plugs it is!

Just now, Oishter said:

I heard some do. but the ones i use don't, so it proves that there are some out there that are quite good, you just have to read the reviews!

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

UPDATED LIST :) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kKdjf7

(btw I intend on using Windows 10, but I doubt the free upgrade from 7 and 8 will still be ongoing by the time a have purchases all the parts, hope it's not too overpriced :/)

Currently at an average price of £321

2 minutes ago, georgebyrom said:

(btw I intend on using Windows 10, but I doubt the free upgrade from 7 and 8 will still be ongoing by the time a have purchases all the parts, hope it's not too overpriced :/)

sorry forget what i just wrote...

1 minute ago, Epiclol86 said:

sorry forget what i just wrote...

Haha okay.

Any case suggestions? I'm not into all the 'gaming style' stuff, I prefer a clean, minimalist design. :3

Hey OP, i'm having to go, so if you have more questions, i'll be happy to answer to them, just PM me and i'll answer back, with a little delay. it's been fun! :)

In the end, I'd recommend getting the 950, and leaving the cooler for later. If you're unhappy with cooling £30 isn't much to spend, where as if you're unhappy with graphics it's a big hassle selling you're current and buying a new one. At least you get a stock cooler free that works!

5 hours ago, georgebyrom said:

Any case suggestions? I'm not into all the 'gaming style' stuff, I prefer a clean, minimalist design. :3

How much would you like to spend?

5 hours ago, georgebyrom said:

2 minutes ago, Oishter said:

How much would you like to spend?

Hmm, this seems good. It doesn't scream "tacky gamer" but isn't invisible. Also, notice the price! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HNFPG36/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1456363017&sr=8-13&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=Zalman+case