Having issues, not sure what with?

JC00K

So, the other day I was playing CS:GO, when I started to experience random skipping (I'm assuming frames) which would make the game almost unplayable. The next day, the same thing happened. I tried everything from reinstalling the game, to resetting my modem and router, to uninstalling steam, yet nothing works or even helps out with the issue. Has anyone else experienced this before? I have a GTX 970 and an i7 4790k if that helps out with anything. 

I've seen a couple people with a similar issue lately. I wonder if there's something going on with an Nvidia driver. 

/Check your CPU/GPU/RAM usage, run an antivirus and anti malware, try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I actually just tried uninstalling one of the drivers and reinstalling, but the issue still persists. I don't know if I have to remove all of them and reinstall or what else I can do, but at this point, I'm really drawing a blank. 

3 minutes ago, JC00K said:

I actually just tried uninstalling one of the drivers and reinstalling, but the issue still persists. I don't know if I have to remove all of them and reinstall or what else I can do, but at this point, I'm really drawing a blank. 

I would completely uninstall and then reinstall the GPUs drivers. Also do the rest of what I suggested. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling CSGO. If all that still doesn't answer what's causing the issue, then I would just reinstall windows rather than try and diagnose some bizarre issue and hope that something was just corrupted. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

If all of that doesn't work, do you think that reinstalling windows would really do the trick? 

4 minutes ago, JC00K said:

If all of that doesn't work, do you think that reinstalling windows would really do the trick? 

It depends what's causing the issue. But if all of that fails (and your cpu/gpu/memory is stable) then it would sound like some sort of corruption with something -- whether it be the OS, drivers, etc... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I've been putting it off because I accidentally turned on my external a while back, which had windows 7 on it. Since then whenever I boot up it gives me the option to run either but when I had them both on I couldn't turn on my PC. I did get a blue screen 2 times from this after researching it. I guess I'm validating what it could be but I'd also be interested in figuring out why this issue just came up out of the blue 

I guess I'm also hesitant to do it because I have so many programs like OBS, Foobar and things like that which were not easy to get the way I like them and I am very noobish when it comes to backing up information like that 

22 minutes ago, JC00K said:

I guess I'm also hesitant to do it because I have so many programs like OBS, Foobar and things like that which were not easy to get the way I like them and I am very noobish when it comes to backing up information like that 

I have had random issues with CS GO after the recent updates.  Not the skipping you have mentioned, but with freezing and sluggish performance.  I assume that future updates will help resolve it.  You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game before going through all the work of reinstalling windows...I actually highly doubt it has anything to do with windows if it is only happening in CS GO, and would limit your reinstalls to the GPU driver and CS GO itself. 

Also, and try this first actually, but exit CS GO and right click on Steam and run as admin.  Then right click on CS GO and go to properties.  Then go to the local files tab and click "verify integrity of game cache." I actually just did this and found two files that didn't validate and it automatically updated them. Hopefully this will solve your (and my) issue.

Good luck!

|[ i7 6700k ][ MSI z170a XPower Gaming Titanium MB ][ 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3000mhz ][ Gigabyte Xtreme GTX 980ti ][ Samsung Evo & Intel SSDs ][ Corsair 540 air ][ XFX Pro 750w Platinum ][ 24" Asus 144hz ]|

3 minutes ago, Low_Battery said:

I have had random issues with CS GO after the recent updates.  Not the skipping you have mentioned, but with freezing and sluggish performance.  I assume that future updates will help resolve it.  You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game before going through all the work of reinstalling windows...I actually highly doubt it has anything to do with windows if it is only happening in CS GO, and would limit your reinstalls to the GPU driver and CS GO itself. 

Also, and try this first actually, but exit CS GO and right click on Steam and run as admin.  Then right click on CS GO and go to properties.  Then go to the local files tab and click "verify integrity of game cache." I actually just did this and found two files that didn't validate and it automatically updated them. Hopefully this will solve your (and my) issue.

Good luck!

P.S. I have validated the cache files in the past when I was having an issue and it worked then too.

|[ i7 6700k ][ MSI z170a XPower Gaming Titanium MB ][ 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3000mhz ][ Gigabyte Xtreme GTX 980ti ][ Samsung Evo & Intel SSDs ][ Corsair 540 air ][ XFX Pro 750w Platinum ][ 24" Asus 144hz ]|

Well that's the thing. What happened was literally it would freeze and resume where it left off as if there was never a freeze. The issue is that no matter what I've done, it doesn't go away, which leads me to think this is either something on Valves end, or something involving my ISP. I hope that you're right and that an update does come out to correct this if that is the case. I've already reinstalled steam and lost my settings (not a big problem, more of a hassle tho since I had a special crosshair that I don't think I can access again). I just want to play CS:GO haha 

6 minutes ago, JC00K said:

Well that's the thing. What happened was literally it would freeze and resume where it left off as if there was never a freeze. The issue is that no matter what I've done, it doesn't go away, which leads me to think this is either something on Valves end, or something involving my ISP. I hope that you're right and that an update does come out to correct this if that is the case. I've already reinstalled steam and lost my settings (not a big problem, more of a hassle tho since I had a special crosshair that I don't think I can access again). I just want to play CS:GO haha 

Do yourself a favor and use Crashz's crosshair map and welcome to the blissful world of easy crosshair customization!

I'll probably end up doing that. You wouldn't happen to have the link would you? I mean as of right now it's pretty much useless until this problem gets solved. Gotta love Steam/Valves support policy of not having a support policy that cannot be written out so as to not actually give you any assistance. To thank them, let me go ahead and dupe some items jk. I don't get how they can release an update that has the risk of rendering some peoples ability to play the game useless. 

Update: Having ISP come today or Friday so hopefully they can fix the issue 

22 minutes ago, JC00K said:

Update: Having ISP come today or Friday so hopefully they can fix the issue 

I'd be amazed if it was an ISP issue 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well we needed the ISP to come anyway for another reason involving the connection. So worst case, the other issues that we've been having will get fixed and Valve will fix whatever it is on their end. This also affected my on Rocket league which is why I'm beginning to think that my internet could have something to do with it. Granted when I played H1Z1, I didn't see anything dropping frames 

Turn on net_graph it will tell you exactly what the problem is, I have had network issues cause frame drops!

I do have it turned on. Everything is fine when I'm in the servers and it doesn't indicate and drop in frames or a spike in ping. It's really weird 

UPDATE: So the ISP guy showed up and it ended up being my internet strangely enough. He replaced the router and modem with newer models and also gave me some tips on how to make sure things stay the way they are.