New mouse buying help for CS:GO (and other games)

whud99

I have been using corsair raptor m45 for a few years now but sadly it dropped and the forward button on the left side no longer presses correctly. I use the forward button for last weapon used and the back the pull my knife out (it was useful for awp quick switching) but now I find myself spending forever just trying to get my gun out so I was looking the get a new one. I'm looking for something that has a bit less glide then the corsair maybe a little more heavy would work. It needs to have the 4 and 5 thumb buttons. I have a palm grip but I keep my hand-heel on the mouse pad always even when picking up the mouse. Should I just buy a new $40 M45 and stick with what I know ? should I upgrade and grab a Corsair M65 ? or should I look elsewhere like Steelseries ? 

also my price range is 30-70 $ and I don't care about looks/lights/brands just performance. 

Thanks for any help !

My g402 rocks for CSGO The buttons are super easy to bind and I have my sniper button set to q, forward set to 2 nd back to 3. Great for CS

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

My g402 rocks for CSGO The buttons are super easy to bind and I have my sniper button set to q, forward set to 2 nd back to 3. Great for CS

can you press the G7 and G8 with your thumb or is that index only buttons also are the G5 and G4 close to the tip of your thumb or the base. I use a rolling motion off of my thumb pad to quickly hit mouse 4 then mouse 5 on my current mouse but I don't know how easy that would be with it near the thumb joint. thanks for the help !

1 minute ago, whud99 said:

can you press the G7 and G8 with your thumb or is that index only buttons also are the G5 and G4 close to the tip of your thumb or the base. I use a rolling motion off of my thumb pad to quickly hit mouse 4 then mouse 5 on my current mouse but I don't know how easy that would be with it near the thumb joint. thanks for the help !

I have Linus hands but I can easily hit all the ones I have binded with my thumb by just moving it a bit. The upper ones I kept for DPI shift but I may put them for grenades soon

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

5 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I have Linus hands but I can easily hit all the ones I have binded with my thumb by just moving it a bit. The upper ones I kept for DPI shift but I may put them for grenades soon

Awesome ! thanks for all the help everything is selling for me so far except the cord... Im used to my fancy braided cords, does the G402 feel cheep or rubbery or stiff or anything ?

14 hours ago, whud99 said:

I have been using corsair raptor m45 for a few years now but sadly it dropped and the forward button on the left side no longer presses correctly. I use the forward button for last weapon used and the back the pull my knife out (it was useful for awp quick switching) but now I find myself spending forever just trying to get my gun out so I was looking the get a new one. I'm looking for something that has a bit less glide then the corsair maybe a little more heavy would work. It needs to have the 4 and 5 thumb buttons. I have a palm grip but I keep my hand-heel on the mouse pad always even when picking up the mouse. Should I just buy a new $40 M45 and stick with what I know ? should I upgrade and grab a Corsair M65 ? or should I look elsewhere like Steelseries ? 

also my price range is 30-70 $ and I don't care about looks/lights/brands just performance. 

Thanks for any help !

Your button layout and grip style are very similar to mine.

I found that the Finalmouse 2015 not only fit my grip style really well (I have average hands). the mouse 4 and 5 buttons are well placed. I have not tried the Tournament Pro, but will likely buy one to try.

Just checked their website and found that they now call the original model Classic Ergo.

15 hours ago, whud99 said:

Awesome ! thanks for all the help everything is selling for me so far except the cord... Im used to my fancy braided cords, does the G402 feel cheep or rubbery or stiff or anything ?

Nothing about it feels cheap, It feels very well built. The cable is perfectly fine in my opinion

Spoiler

AXIOM