How Do I Power 17 Fans In My Case For Water Cooling On My Rads

im going to have a 480 rad and a 560 rad,how do i power all of them and control there speeds? 

im doing a push pull configuration on the 480 

you can use 2 fansplitters like this http://www.ru.aquatuning.de/vozdushnoe-ohlazhdenie/ventiljatory-aksessuary/17466/phobya-4pin-pwm-auf-8x-4pin-splitter
or you could buy 2 nzxt grids. i have one first gen and it works like a charm. it is powered via sata power

Edit: you controll all fans with your mainboard with one fan header

wow... pretty empty here...

For 17 fans you may want an actual fan controller, possibly in combination with splitters.

But I have to ask, how do you ave 17 fans?  That's a 4 x 120 and a 4 x 140 for rads, so that's 8 fans right there... throw in another 5 for the case maybe... max... it's just not adding up :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 minutes ago, CrapShackGaming said:

im going to have a 480 rad and a 560 rad,how do i power all of them and control there speeds? 

That's 8 fans unless you're doing push pull, isn't it? If you are that's 16 meaning one more, but what do you need push/pull on 4 120's and 4 140's for? With a single fan on each oyu could cool 4x titan x's and a 5960x OC'ed to high hell. Quietly.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

13 hours ago, CrapShackGaming said:

im doing a push pull configuration on the 480 

As @das affe suggested: splitters.  I have 3 of these in my rig:

http://www.swiftech.com/8-WayPWMsplitter-sata.aspx

(SATA trumps Molex any day, IMHO).  They're connected to 3 different PWM headers on my motherboard, and the fans are spread out amongst the splitters.  I only have 13 fans in my rig, grouped like this on the splitters:

1. 4 on top 480mm rad
  2. 4 on bottom 480mm rad, 2 on bottom 280mm rad
  3. 2 chassis intake, 1 chassis exhaust

And that does the trick.  I keep the chassis fans barely spinning at 450RPMs, and the rad fans are all spinning at a constant 700RPMs.  I have the top and bottom rad fans split like that for a couple of reasons:

• Space on the splitter.
  • Would rather have independent control over top vs bottom if I need it.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |