How to update Bios?

So I got gigabyte z170 gaming 3. 

Simply do I need normal usb or bootable? And is there any special format that I need to save bios as?

You should NOT update your bios if its not broke, if something goes wrong while updating you are FUCKED

You need a clean USB storage, and download any BIOS update on the manufacter's website. After that, plug the USB storage in to the motherboard and enter the BIOS.

Once youre in, you should be able to find an option to update/flash your BIOS to a newer verison with the USB storage.

If it goes wrong, youre fucked. I dont see any need in a BIOS update right now, but im not to argue with your hardware.

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but you dont know why. In this computer, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and i dont know why.

Atleast i can manage Some things, like my current OC personal best.

48 minutes ago, Qwerty2323 said:

So I got gigabyte z170 gaming 3. 

Simply do I need normal usb or bootable? And is there any special format that I need to save bios as?

1. Go into your mobo's download page: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5497#bios
  2. Click on the "Reflash Motherboard Bios" link at the top right: http://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/HowToReflashBIOS.html
  3. Pick your prefered method for flashing and go for it!

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!