Underclocking

19 minutes ago, SnappingTurtle said:

yes. p95 does not damage cpus. especially if you use the right version 26.6

What he means is that it causes voltage spikes, which CAN be harmful. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

23 hours ago, Allshevski said:

Yes, you have to. Voltage is a huuge temperature factor when you over/underclock.

22 hours ago, aisle9 said:

26.6 cranks temps up but doesn't screw with voltage the way later versions do, I'll give you that.

That said, I've watched someone take a stock-clocked 4770K on a 212 EVO from idle to thermal shutdown in 30 seconds flat using Prime95. Beyond that, you get into the whole question of whether or not a PC that survives 24 hours of P95's unrealistic, artificial beatdown would survive hour 25

Ok ty

22 hours ago, Low_Battery said:

Also, keep in mind ambient temps factor in as well - as does air flow in the case...

Airflow I'd say is as good as it gets on the S340 with the stock fans. I have 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan, the filter is ok in terms of how clean it is and I cleaned the fan a few month or so ago.

I went and tuned the CPU Core Voltage down to .982 but as seen AIDA64 is reporting different numbers than cpuZ

aTd9lbi.png

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb