Mineral oil cooling: What is the viscosity of the oil you use?

Please tell me the viscosity of the oil you use in cSt (Centistoke) or mm^2/s. Or if you can't finde it, just the part number of the oil.

Is the oil to viscos for you? What viscosity do you recommend?

I'm thinking about using silicone oil with 20 cSt.

Thank you for the information.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

10 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Hmmm the picture they use is way to smal to gather information. But the white oil T70 somebody also used for mineral oil cooling has 12 cSt.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

5 hours ago, Stefan1024 said:

Hmmm the picture they use is way to smal to gather information. But the white oil T70 somebody also used for mineral oil cooling has 12 cSt.

Puget says it is Crystal Plus 70T maybe you can find more details

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

15 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

Yes, that's the one I had a look. It has 12 cSt.

Well there is your answer

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, thekeemo said:

Well there is your answer

Well I have one pata point. No information about the range and if 20 cSt will work.

Mayby I have to switch the fans for the Noctual industrial once.

40 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

Well I have one pata point. No information about the range and if 20 cSt will work.

Mayby I have to switch the fans for the Noctual industrial once.

There are many builds with silicon oil and many with mineral oil. It seems that the viscosity isn't a major concern it seems that purity is the bigger concern.

13 hours ago, thekeemo said:

There are many builds with silicon oil and many with mineral oil. It seems that the viscosity isn't a major concern it seems that purity is the bigger concern.

I will use very pure stuff.

But there are a lot of different silicon oils. They range from 0.65 cSt (less viscous than water) to 100 000 cSt (honney). Also the very low viscos stuff have a flash point around 50°C :ph34r:

However I have a good offer for 50 liter of 20 cSt silicon oil and I will buy and test it.

53 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

I will use very pure stuff.

But there are a lot of different silicon oils. They range from 0.65 cSt (less viscous than water) to 100 000 cSt (honney). Also the very low viscos stuff have a flash point around 50°C :ph34r:

However I have a good offer for 50 liter of 20 cSt silicon oil and I will buy and test it.

20 CST should be fine