Network Security Key Mismatch on Windows 7

Hi so i just bought the ASUS RT AC3200 router for $200 at frys. i set it up right too because i got 4 devices to connect and work with it. (windows 8 laptop dell, MSI windows 10 laptop, Iphone 5s, and android phone. however my home built computer wont connect to my network on both the 2.4g and 5g bands. i know im entering my password correctly but it wont just let me connect. my desktop runs windows 7 pro 64 bit and for the wifi adapter it has a TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 wifi adapter that i bought at frys. i know that the adapter works because i used it this morning before i installed my new router but now it wont let me connect to that computer the restof my devices had no problem connecting to it. is this a problem with windows 7 itself or is it the router? i suspect that windows 7 is the culprit here but i dont know how to fix it. please leave your comments down bellow on how to fix this. thank you for your time and have a lovely afternoon. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

6 hours ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

Hi so i just bought the ASUS RT AC3200 router for $200 at frys. i set it up right too because i got 4 devices to connect and work with it. (windows 8 laptop dell, MSI windows 10 laptop, Iphone 5s, and android phone. however my home built computer wont connect to my network on both the 2.4g and 5g bands. i know im entering my password correctly but it wont just let me connect. my desktop runs windows 7 pro 64 bit and for the wifi adapter it has a TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 wifi adapter that i bought at frys. i know that the adapter works because i used it this morning before i installed my new router but now it wont let me connect to that computer the restof my devices had no problem connecting to it. is this a problem with windows 7 itself or is it the router? i suspect that windows 7 is the culprit here but i dont know how to fix it. please leave your comments down bellow on how to fix this. thank you for your time and have a lovely afternoon. 

Failing what @MeshFile said, learn to type?

16 hours ago, MeshFile said:

Forget wireless network and reconnect again. 

the wireless was never remembered as it was a new SSID and it never was able to connect to the network. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Are you using WPS?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

1 hour ago, jj9987 said:

Are you using WPS?

no the router's WPS setting is disabled i used to use it on my old router to connect to my range extender which was connected to old AT&T Uverse box. now my new ASUS router has WPS off as i am no longer using my range extender. 

i mean i can try to WPS directly from my new router to my computer running win 7 with the push button. in theory it should work without any problems 

If other devices can connect fine apart from that one computer, then the issue does lie within the PC.

I'd check over that you are using the correct password.

I'll do some research and post when I discover anything.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

3 hours ago, jj9987 said:

If other devices can connect fine apart from that one computer, then the issue does lie within the PC.

i know that i am entering in the correct password as everytime i type i press dont hide password so i see what i am typing. 

3 hours ago, jj9987 said:

ok so after 30 mins of messing around with the network setting i got it to connect but its stuck at "identifying network" and i still can access the internet. im on my win 10 laptop right now and it has no problem connecting to the new router. 

UPDATE: i have managed to get it to connect to the internet by using my old dlink wifi extension. it connects but i cant take advantage of the fast speed of the internet directly from the router.