Mobo 118C on aida64, HWMonitor and BIOS.

Go to solution Solved by EdInk,
1 minute ago, FurryZx said:

Im not that smart, but do you need a mobo temp seneor, in the uefi the mobo temps are fine.

There are several temps sensors located on the motherboard so that might be one which isn't been used and reports a very high/very low reading..if its a reasonable value in UEFI then I'd stick with that.

See attachment, I've got one that shows 125 deg C...it's most likely a sensor not used.

Capture.JPG

Today I was overclocking my GTX960 and was running a stability test, and I noticed that my motherboard temps were at 118 degrees! I opened my case and felt the motherboard, but it was Luke warm.

Just now, DEcobra11 said:

I hope you aren't using ºF :P

Cause it's useless and that'd be nothing

Nope, Celsius, proud to be in a country that uses metric

Your motherboard temperature probe must be near something really hot like your GPU or CPU. Or it's some mathematical error thing.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

7 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

OK, usually MB temp sensor is for the PCH, is the chipset heatsink properly placed?

yes

1 minute ago, DEcobra11 said:

What software are you using for temps?

What were the usual temps?

aida64, ~60-70C of the CPU and ~75C on GPU (at 100% load)

20 minutes ago, FurryZx said:

Today I was overclocking my GTX960 and was running a stability test, and I noticed that my motherboard temps were at 118 degrees! I opened my case and felt the motherboard, but it was Luke warm.

A screenshot will be helpful,age of your mobo, when did you notice the high temp reading?

8 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

I meant the MB sensor (I thought that's what you were talking about :P)

aida 64 for MB temps, and average are 118 all the time.....

3 minutes ago, EdInk said:

A screenshot will be helpful,age of your mobo, when did you notice the high temp reading?

Screenshot of what? my modo is 6months old, ASUS H110M-C/CSM, I notice the temps today even through the modo was warm.

11 minutes ago, EdInk said:

screenshot of the software hwmonitor

Capture.JPGd.JPG

Capture.JPGd.JPG

But this doesn't show your motherboard temps which you are concerned about though

Not sure what that number means, but in my case it's showing 34 when my CPU is at 40°C.

So in my case I would say that's my temperature.

Anyone know for fact what does that number mean?

If it's temp, I think you have faulty sensor. If motherboard would be on 118°C, nothing would be working.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

4 minutes ago, Simon771 said:
4 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Not sure what that number means, but in my case it's showing 34 when my CPU is at 40°C.

If it's temp, I think you have faulty sensor. If motherboard would be on 118°C, nothing would be working.

Im not that smart, but do you need a mobo temp seneor, in the uefi the mobo temps are fine (the BIIOS senor is fine now)

Im not that smart, but do you need a mobo temp seneor, in the uefi the mobo temps are fine.

There are several temps sensors located on the motherboard so that might be one which isn't been used and reports a very high/very low reading..if its a reasonable value in UEFI then I'd stick with that.

See attachment, I've got one that shows 125 deg C...it's most likely a sensor not used.

Capture.JPG

Just now, EdInk said:

Capture.JPG

thanks, I've got it