Please urgent help!

lior1111

I just upgraded my case and probably messed up a little bit with the power connection on this fuckin useless mobo.. Anyways.. My pc has a black screen,  happens sometimes with this software im using and nothing is working to shut it off safely! Not pushing the power button,  not pressing ctrl+alt+delete,  not anything! Im hopeless! Please guys help me.. 

2 minutes ago, lior1111 said:

I just upgraded my case and probably messed up a little bit with the power connection on this fuckin useless mobo.. Anyways.. My pc has a black screen,  happens sometimes with this software im using and nothing is working to shut it off safely! Not pushing the power button,  not pressing ctrl+alt+delete,  not anything! Im hopeless! Please guys help me.. 

I honestly dont understand a word you just said.... So you cant turn your pc off? On certain programs your get a black screen? Your power connection is fucked? dafuq u saying

What do you need help with? the black screen? shutting off? or your mobo? or the case? and what does ctrl alt and delete do?

Just now, IsaacDaGrazin said:

I honestly dont understand a word you just said.... So you cant turn your pc off? On certain programs your get a black screen? Your power connection is fucked? dafuq u saying

What do you need help with? the black screen? shutting off? or your mobo? or the case? and what does ctrl alt and delete do?

I got a black screen. Now i tried ctrl alt delete,  alt f4 all of that crap and nothing is doing anything,  black screen is the winne rwith all of those keyboard shortcuts. 

Then i tried pushing power button for 30 seconds,  nothing is happening. 

Then i tried putting the pc on sleep mode. 

Nothing is happening. 

Thats about it... 

Just now, lior1111 said:

I got a black screen. Now i tried ctrl alt delete,  alt f4 all of that crap and nothing is doing anything,  black screen is the winne rwith all of those keyboard shortcuts. 

Then i tried pushing power button for 30 seconds,  nothing is happening. 

Then i tried putting the pc on sleep mode. 

Nothing is happening. 

Thats about it... 

Check your cases power button is plugged in the RIGHT place and RIGHT in firstly

1 minute ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

Check your cases power button is plugged in the RIGHT place and RIGHT in firstly

Its a motherboard i cant check. What do i mean? Well its a prebuilt motherboard without a motherboard manual that i cant check where to put the connectors in. I found a video in youtube that said where exactly to put it and the pc powered on with the leds and everything worked fine. I never thought to even check if the powerbutton pressing would shut it off. It doesnt.. Now im in the mud. And please dont tell me to search for a manual,  there's no manual for that motherboard.

Should i click the power supply on off? I dont know man.. I tried it all. 

Or if it was a prebuilt computer that you modifyed, do you have a model and the year it was manufactured

Just now, JYDM said:

do you have the model of the case and mobo?

The case is a define s, and the mobo is a dell xps8700 one.. The model number really doesnt matter im telling you,  i searched so much for a manual.. Ill try to get it for you now but i doubt it would help. 

5 minutes ago, JYDM said:

Or if it was a prebuilt computer that you modifyed, do you have a model and the year it was manufactured

The model number is : e93839

ok, so first, go into your computer and make sure that everything that is plugged in matches up with the two pictures below

56c8ebb3c31a1_ScreenShot2016-02-20at17.4

56c8ebbadf5c4_ScreenShot2016-02-20at17.4

Source: Dell XPS 8700 SE manual

5 minutes ago, JYDM said:

ok, so first, go into your computer and make sure that everything that is plugged in matches up with the two pictures below

56c8ebb3c31a1_ScreenShot2016-02-20at17.4

56c8ebbadf5c4_ScreenShot2016-02-20at17.4

Yeah i remember how i plugeed everything and its correct,  although i had to find out the exact pins location for power +, - and for the leds. Found a video that worked but i guess not entirely.. What now? The pc is still on btw,  i was able to hear my friends at skype and even talk with them,  no luck seeing anything though (its not the monitor) 

are you sure it is not a graphics card or monitor issue?  And are you sure that your graphics card is in the right slot also, try plugging your moniter into other video ports

Just now, JYDM said:

are you sure it is not a graphics card or monitor issue?  And are you sure that your graphics card is in the right slot also, try plugging your moniter into other video ports

yes, if it isnt this than the mobo is just broken.... or idk

1 minute ago, stijnweijters said:

well his computer is currently on and functional, he is running and os and he can hear his friends over skype

Just now, lior1111 said:

Its a motherboard i cant check. What do i mean? Well its a prebuilt motherboard without a motherboard manual that i cant check where to put the connectors in. I found a video in youtube that said where exactly to put it and the pc powered on with the leds and everything worked fine. I never thought to even check if the powerbutton pressing would shut it off. It doesnt.. Now im in the mud. And please dont tell me to search for a manual,  there's no manual for that motherboard.

Should i click the power supply on off? I dont know man.. I tried it all. 

What do you mean by pre-built motherboard?

Is it from a pre-built computer?

Any ways can you reboot? from within windows? not  a physical button. have you still got that black screen? if so just switch the psu off from the switch (I/O switch, you know the type of switches on psus) or just unplug it from the wall.

check if ethers an on board power switch on the mobo, if there is, use it and try and boot back up. and yes you can check, the case  has a power button correct? then it has a wire correct? connect that wire to your motherboard, there should be some slots that are colour coded

tell us the name of the mobo (should be printed on, alot of prebuilt mobos have it on them)  then ill do some research and maybe the case would be helpful?

9 minutes ago, JYDM said:

well his computer is currently on and functional, he is running and os and he can hear his friends over skype

yes sorry i didnt ment fully broken mobo, but just some parts that would explain the problem....

5 minutes ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

What do you mean by pre-built motherboard?

Is it from a pre-built computer?

Any ways can you reboot? from within windows? not  a physical button. have you still got that black screen? if so just switch the psu off from the switch (I/O switch, you know the type of switches on psus) or just unplug it from the wall.

check if ethers an on board power switch on the mobo, if there is, use it and try and boot back up. and yes you can check, the case  has a power button correct? then it has a wire correct? connect that wire to your motherboard, there should be some slots that are colour coded

tell us the name of the mobo (should be printed on, alot of prebuilt mobos have it on them)  then ill do some research and maybe the case would be helpful?

I cant use windows,  all i see is the cursor.. The mobo is e93839, there are no colors man cause its a mobo that is crap. Ilp try the switch on the psu.. Was afraid to fry something up,  its kind of a new pc,  new gpu and psu +case

12 minutes ago, stijnweijters said:

Its not, the monitor and the gpu are new. I probably need a new mobo badly.. Its a mobo that didnt supposed to have all these upgrades that i made. I thought i could make it work.. 

4 minutes ago, stijnweijters said:

yes sorry i didnt ment fully broken mobo, but just some parts that would explain the problem....

That would make sense, but switching the monitor input should fix that issue, moving it between the GPU and mobo, the chances that both are dead is very unlikely

Also, this may be a driver issue especially if switchable graphics is on, that would make more since if none of the imputs are working

1 minute ago, lior1111 said:

I cant use windows,  all i see is the cursor.. The mobo is e93839, there are no colors man cause its a mobo that is crap. Ilp try the switch on the psu.. Was afraid to fry something up,  its kind of a new pc,  new gpu and psu +case

Did you buy the mobo or take it from a prebuilt system? it looks like its from a dell optiplex 760, also every single pre-built mobo is crap :/ whats the case?

Just now, IsaacDaGrazin said:

Did you buy the mobo or take it from a prebuilt system? it looks like its from a dell optiplex 760, also every single pre-built mobo is crap :/ whats the case?

it is from a Dell XPS 8700SE and the mobo is a e93839

try starting the computer with the gpu unplugged and only using an iGPU (if you have the right cable)

Just now, JYDM said:

it is from a Dell XPS 8700SE and the mobo is a e93839

2 minutes ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

Thank you two for trying to help.. I made the pc go to sleep safely and turned it back on,  i used a keyboard with an hibernate media key and it did the jov,  not so ideal though.. Do you guys think i need a mobo upgrade? 

Just now, lior1111 said:

Do you guys think i need a mobo upgrade? 

I think it would be a good Idea but you may need to get upgrades for other peices,

but I would try a bit longer, this may just be a driver issue