Computer doesn't start

krupty

Hi!

First off I wanna apologize if my english is bad, im a 17 years old swedish student. :)

So earlier today I was playing some CS:GO and midgame my screen froze. I though it was weird. Waited about 20 seconds until something finally happened. I got an windows error. It was similar to the error image below. (I don't really remember the error code but I got the same blue background and :( face.) If you've ever played CS:GO you'll know that you'll get a ban if you leave a competitive game. I was in a rush and I didn't wanna be a pain in the ass for my team. Finally the percentage got to a 100 but nothing never happend. It was stuck for about 2 minutes when I decided to plug out the power cable. I plugged it in right away and though my computer would work as normal.

Now here's the problem. My computer doesn't start at all! I've tried to different power cables, different power cords, i've even tried to start the pc through the motherboard.

The fans doesn't even turn on.

I can't smell any smoke or anything come out from my computer or anything but what should I do?

hqdefault.jpg

2 minutes ago, krupty said:

Hi!

First off I wanna apologize if my english is bad, im a 17 years old swedish student. :)

So earlier today I was playing some CS:GO and midgame my screen froze. I though it was weird. Waited about 20 seconds until something finally happened. I got an windows error. It was similar to the error image below. (I don't really remember the error code but I got the same blue background and :( face.) If you've ever played CS:GO you'll know that you'll get a ban if you leave a competitive game. I was in a rush and I didn't wanna be a pain in the ass for my team. Finally the percentage got to a 100 but nothing never happend. It was stuck for about 2 minutes when I decided to plug out the power cable. I plugged it in right away and though my computer would work as normal.

Now here's the problem. My computer doesn't start at all! I've tried to different power cables, different power cords, i've even tried to start the pc through the motherboard.

I can't smell any smoke or anything come out from my computer or anything but what should I do?

hqdefault.jpg

Was it overclocked?

Try clearing the CMOS and then booting.

Otherwise, you may have fried your CPU or MB..

|[ i7 6700k ][ MSI z170a XPower Gaming Titanium MB ][ 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3000mhz ][ Gigabyte Xtreme GTX 980ti ][ Samsung Evo & Intel SSDs ][ Corsair 540 air ][ XFX Pro 750w Platinum ][ 24" Asus 144hz ]|

2 minutes ago, krupty said:

Hi!

hqdefault.jpg

PSU problem seems like. Try a different PSU if you can.

Obviously last resort, but fresh windows install (I use this for everything, but do it only if you are 100% lost)

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

1 minute ago, Aleksbgbg said:

PSU problem seems like. Try a different PSU if you can.

Obviously last resort, but fresh windows install (I use this for everything, but do it only if you are 100% lost)

Possible, but given the CPU froze before this issue, doesnt sound like PSU to me.

|[ i7 6700k ][ MSI z170a XPower Gaming Titanium MB ][ 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3000mhz ][ Gigabyte Xtreme GTX 980ti ][ Samsung Evo & Intel SSDs ][ Corsair 540 air ][ XFX Pro 750w Platinum ][ 24" Asus 144hz ]|

Just now, Low_Battery said:

Possible, but given the CPU froze before this issue, doesnt sound like PSU to me.

Oh yes sorry x|

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

Tried to start my psu alone with no cables attached to the computer. I now know that my psu is damaged. Can the rest of the parts in the computer be damaged aswell?