New Rig, suggestions

HI Peeps,

Building a new rig in two months or so, currently all up in that hardware world - watching reviews, comparing making important decisions ( team red vs Green, Intel vs amd ... etc).

So i would like to kindly ask for a parts suggestion, base line i would like to have a skylake rig with m.2 boot drive and lower end graphics card ( 960 or r9 390 max).

something in 1100 Euro range ( Netherlands), no peripherals needed.

Would use it mainly for gaming and some light editing both video and photo, would be nice if the cpu is OC'able.

THX in advance.

2 minutes ago, DotComBubblegum said:

HI Peeps,

Building a new rig in two months or so, currently all up in that hardware world - watching reviews, comparing making important decisions ( team red vs Green, Intel vs amd ... etc).

So i would like to kindly ask for a parts suggestion, base line i would like to have a skylake rig with m.2 boot drive and lower end graphics card ( 960 or r9 390 max).

something in 1100 Euro range ( Netherlands), no peripherals needed.

Would use it mainly for gaming and some light editing both video and photo, would be nice if the cpu is OC'able.

THX in advance.

Wait 2 monthes when you actually have the money, then make the list.

You're looking around the time Zen and Pascal architectures will be released. It's hard to make recommendations at this point because we don't know for sure what the performance from those are going to be like. I'd advise doing research on how parts right now perform so that you have comparisons and then putting together a list once you are ready to order.

5 minutes ago, smittywits said:

You're looking around the time Zen and Pascal architectures will be released. It's hard to make recommendations at this point because we don't know for sure what the performance from those are going to be like. I'd advise doing research on how parts right now perform so that you have comparisons and then putting together a list once you are ready to order.

Yea that's why i kinda want a lower end card now and upgrade when pascal or whatever AMD equivalent comes out.

Consider an entry level card then, maybe. R7 250? I personally think it's a waste of money unless you actually NEED the card for your computer to be acceptably functional right now. I would highly HIGHLY recommend waiting. You can put the savings towards a better computer when you build in the next few months.

10 minutes ago, smittywits said:

highly HIGHLY recommend waiting.

:)

4 minutes ago, smittywits said:

Consider an entry level card then, maybe. R7 250? I personally think it's a waste of money unless you actually NEED the card for your computer to be acceptably functional right now. I would highly HIGHLY recommend waiting. You can put the savings towards a better computer when you build in the next few months.

:)

THX i guess i'll try containing myself, perhaps to feed my nerd-rage over this i'll buy just a case and sit there look at it for 2 months, drool all over it.