Free Chromecast With Purchase of Spotify premium for 3 Months (Ends Feb. 28, 2016) (US, UK only)

Silverwolf_7

Spotify has started a promotion to push their premium service to users who are still using the free version. Until Febuary 28th 2016 (or while supplies last) any free user with an account that has never had premium or a free trial is elligible for a "free" chromecast with the purchase of premium for 3 months. The total price is about $29.97 it seems like a good deal if anyone was thinking about getting a chromecast as they are typically about $35 and you get premium for 3 months.

https://www.spotify.com/us/chromecast-offer/

http://www.cnet.com/news/spotify-offers-free-chromecast-streamer-with-the-purchase-of-3-month-premium-subscription/

My Pandora One subscription expires in 4 days and I was looking into whether Spotify was worth switching to or not, looks like now I'll give them a shot for 3 months at least. :)

-KuJoe

3 minutes ago, reapersivan said:

tidal for 10$ a month?? lol

What is tidal? I went to the tidal.com and it looks like it redirected me to Kanye West's website or something.

-KuJoe

4 minutes ago, reapersivan said:

tidal for 10$ a month?? lol

what does that have to do with anything?

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

Ordered, looks like I'll be getting a voucher for the Chromecast within 7 days.

-KuJoe

Google music > everything else

1 minute ago, acdcman200 said:

Google music > everything else

I've used both Google Play Music and Spotify, currently using Spotify, I don't know, but I liked both, although I like the simple interface of the Google Play Music app.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I've used Google Music in the past and I find it hard to navigate compared to Pandora but at least it has a web interface, I didn't know I had to download the Spotify app to listen to music on my computer. :(

-KuJoe

Well damn, should have done the free trial before signing up for Spotify. The one specific song I was looking for and they have 2 versions of it, neither are the version on the album. I logged into Google Music and bought the song on there (only one version available) and it's the wrong version also. Pandora and Amazon Music have the correct versions though. Oh well, hopefully I at least get a Chromecast out of the deal. I really hate how the Amazon Prime Family only works for streaming video and not their music service, I'd really hate to have to pay for 2 Amazon Prime plans.

-KuJoe

53 minutes ago, Tie Lightning said:

what does that have to do with anything?

ikr? But spotify would be 10$ a month as well as tidal

Just wait till refurbed chromecasts start popping up. As of a month ago, google offered a 3 month premium trial for chromecast owners. 

3 hours ago, KuJoe said:

I've used Google Music in the past and I find it hard to navigate compared to Pandora but at least it has a web interface, I didn't know I had to download the Spotify app to listen to music on my computer. :(

play.spotify.com

16 minutes ago, kurahk7 said:

play.spotify.com

Thanks! I couldn't find it on their main site for some reason, probably just overlooked it.

-KuJoe

Ordered my Chromecast and the voucher worked. Should be here in about a week. It also said I would get a code for $10 in Google Play credit, not sure if I will though because I didn't pay for the Chromecast.

-KuJoe

Great find, i was expecting the old chromecast too. If you do stick with spotify you can get the student membership for $5 a month. You don't need to have a student email either, just type in your local university or community college and youre all set

4 hours ago, cangath said:

Great find, i was expecting the old chromecast too. If you do stick with spotify you can get the student membership for $5 a month. You don't need to have a student email either, just type in your local university or community college and youre all set

I was going to do this if I liked it, I still have an active student e-mail account that I use for stuff like this. :)

Also, I just got the $10 Google Play credit so BONUS! :D

3 Months Spotify Premium + Chromecast + $10 Google Play Credit = $29.97 

-KuJoe

25 minutes ago, Squirrel724 said:

Is this deal for the audio chromecast or is it for the full chromecast?

It's the full chromecast. I just redeemed the code and my chromecast is on the way!

1 minute ago, Silverwolf_7 said:

It's the full chromecast. I just redeemed the code and my chromecast is on the way!

Sweet. I think I am going to have to grab this deal

Got my Chromecast in the mail today and played around with it, I have to say it's pretty awesome especially since my older "Smart TV" dropped support for YouTube last year when Sony stopped updating the app so now I can watch YouTube on my TV again.

-KuJoe