My components for a PC, i need opinions.

MarcB

Hello, i want to build a pc and this are the components :

PSU :  Corsair Builder Series CX600M

Motherboard : Asus Z97-P

Processor : Intel Haswell Refresh, Core i5 4690K 3.5GHz box
Memory : Corsair Vengeance Pro Gold 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit
Case : Corsair Carbide 100R Silent Edition

Video Card : Asus GeForce GTX 960 STRIX DirectCU OC 4GB DDR5 128-bit

SSD : Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA-III 2.5 inch

So, these are the components, i need some opinions, what is good , what is not so good (and if something is not so good, explain why it is not good and what I must change)

Different PSU. A SeaSonic or XFX 500W would do.

R9 380 > GTX 960.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

you might want to get more ram, although 8 gigs is totally fine, 16 will give give u a lot of slack

AND if not go for a single 8 gigs stick, more upgradabiliity

Stick with 8GB but a single stick. I'd get an R9 380 instead of a 960 because they perform slightly better and I'd also advise picking up a 1TB HDD.

People hate on CX power supplies but honestly, it'll do you fine if you don't plan on huge overclocks or anything like that. If you really want to be sure, look at the options that @HKZeroFive suggested. 

Just now, Gibs960 said:

Stick with 8GB but a single stick. I'd get an R9 380 instead of a 960 because they perform slightly better and I'd also advise picking up a 1TB HDD.

People hate on CX power supplies but honestly, it'll do you fine if you don't plan on huge overclocks or anything like that. If you really want to be sure, look at the options that @HKZeroFive suggested. 

The CX's are awful in comparison to other PSU's. If you're spending a large amount of money on Components then you might aswell save up another week and get a better PSU.

You wouldn't buy a new expensive car and put in fuel that might blow up the engine would you?

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

Like ZeroFive said get the 380 over the 960 unless you have also have programs that will utilize cuda cores better. I, for instance, am stuff with Nvidia right now because cuda core are far more effective for gpu acceleration for video editing. So while my gaming performance is slightly ( we are talking a a few fps tops) gimped, I will still see better results with adobe premier using a 960. 

Also the 4gb is genearlly overkill for the 960 except in extreme circumstances OR if you are doing SLI. If you do are doing SLI you have to understand that for more than a 980 you will be getting less performance but I do understand people cant always commit so much money at one time.

So it depends on the purpose of the build.

Here is my TL:DR of what you need to change:

380>960 but make sure its the 4GB edition.

Slightly lesser SSD then bigger HDD for games. They are getting quite big

Maybe a cheaper case then a better motherboard.

1 8GB stick for more upgrades in the future.

Nice and fast reply, thanks, so an Corsair CS550M, it will be better? i want to put an Corsair PSU,because i have in my old PC a corsair psu, and i don`t have any problems.

And i need cuda, so thats why i need nvidia.

beach_boy98 what motherboard do u recommend?

I second adding 1TB HDD to the system. 250gb is just not enough no matter the purpose. 

Corsair CX series has bad reputation. So if i was to upgrade my rig i would start with PSU and go witch seasonic or evga.

For a medium overclock u can get hyper evo 212. 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

36 minutes ago, MarcB said:

Nice and fast reply, thanks, so an Corsair CS550M, it will be better? i want to put an Corsair PSU,because i have in my old PC a corsair psu, and i don`t have any problems.

And i need cuda, so thats why i need nvidia.

Slightly better but I still don't recommend it. There's virtually no reason to choose a specific brand of PSU except for aesthetics. Just grab a more reliable one from SeaSonic or XFX, like I said.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 minutes ago, MarcB said:

Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze 520W it`s ok?

Good choice.

Spoiler

8 hours ago, IAcKI said:

The CX's are awful in comparison to other PSU's. If you're spending a large amount of money on Components then you might aswell save up another week and get a better PSU.

You wouldn't buy a new expensive car and put in fuel that might blow up the engine would you?

A CX power supply isn't going to blow up your computer...

14 minutes ago, Gibs960 said:

A CX power supply isn't going to blow up your computer...

Figure of speech. Frying components = blow up. 

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

13 hours ago, IAcKI said:

Figure of speech. Frying components = blow up. 

It isn't going to fry components either...

53 minutes ago, Gibs960 said:

It isn't going to fry components either...

Enlighten me.

See my Build here!

6 hours ago, IAcKI said:

Enlighten me.

I've got a CXM power supply and it hasn't fried anything, even with mildly overclocks.

I'm upgrading because I want a fully modular 850w, but honestly they're not awful for beginners or entry level.

14 hours ago, Gibs960 said:

I've got a CXM power supply and it hasn't fried anything, even with mildly overclocks.

I'm upgrading because I want a fully modular 850w, but honestly they're not awful for beginners or entry level.

So in your own experience? Great investigative work there sir.

But if the OP is going to spend all this money on components I'm sure they're able to find £10-£20 in order to upgrade the PSU. B|

See my Build here!

On 19/02/2016 at 8:28 AM, IAcKI said:

So in your own experience? Great investigative work there sir.

But if the OP is going to spend all this money on components I'm sure they're able to find £10-£20 in order to upgrade the PSU. B|

So where exactly is the info that CX power supplies blow up? Sources would be great.