Water cooling Noob

Hello! I am planning on building my first PC soon and is gonna get the corsair h100i but I am a noob so I have some questions.

I am getting the NZXT H440 case and wondering if I could fit the radiator on the top. I am also wondering if I just use regular water or some special water or something to water cool :/ I really don't know much.

7 minutes ago, Jakey_ said:

Hello! I am planning on building my first PC soon and is gonna get the corsair h100i but I am a noob so I have some questions.

I am getting the NZXT H440 case and wondering if I could fit the radiator on the top. I am also wondering if I just use regular water or some special water or something to water cool :/ I really don't know much.

Regular water is good, just make sure you have some sort of agent to prevent disgusting biological growths, like a silver coupling somewhere or chemicals or a UV treatment box.

You can definitely fit up to a triple rad in the top of an H440.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

13 hours ago, Jakey_ said:

the h100i comes prefilled you dont need to put water in it just mount it to the motherboard and top of the case and bam boom you are done :)

EDIT: also dont forget the thermal paste if it isnt already applied to the H100i

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

5 hours ago, LukaH said:

the h100i comes prefilled you dont need to put water in it just mount it to the motherboard and top of the case and bam boom you are done :)

EDIT: also dont forget the thermal paste if it isnt already applied to the H100i

This is correct. H100i is a sealed system pre-filled with distilled water and propylene glycol to prevent corrosion and organic build up. 

Thermal paste is also pre-applied, so its pretty much plug and play :)

On February 17, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Corsair Joseph said:

This is correct. H100i is a sealed system pre-filled with distilled water and propylene glycol to prevent corrosion and organic build up. 

Thermal paste is also pre-applied, so its pretty much plug and play :)

Ok! Thanks a lot!