Overall Setup Suggestions

Hello forum!

I recently decided that I wanted to create a really nice overall setup. I have many changes in mind on top of what I've already done but could use any suggestions that people here on the forums have for me. 

What I have done:

The biggest change I've done is get the new desk. Nothing like a quick trip to Ikea to get a counter top and some shelves. I was only able to get one of the shelves that I wanted because they didn't have the right color for the other one so the black stand is just temporary until the new shelves come in. As for the bigger shelf, I'm not sure if I will keep that there because I don't know how much I like it yet. Let me know what you guys think. 

What I have planned:

- As you can see, all the colors are terrible. I am planning to paint the left wall gray and the wall the desk is up against white. What're all your thoughts on that?

- The carpet is awful, it was a left over rug that was in my living room and was brought down here into the basement. I have no idea what rug I would like to get yet so if anybody knows of a nice one that would help match this all but not stand out too much, I would love to hear it.

- The change I'm most excited for is that I am getting a 34" ultrawide curved 3440x1440p monitor. That will replace the two monitors I have there now and I will most likely be mounting that to the wall

- I will also be mounting a 44inch tv up on the wall above where the monitors are so I can use my xbox one, I'm going to wait until the walls are painted to do that. 

- Once I have everything finalized I absolutely need to take care of the cable management, I'm fully aware.

- The last thing I have planned is a carved wood stained world map for the left wall https://www.etsy.com/listing/265123708/carved-world-map-wall-art-wooden-world?ref=shop_home_active_4

Other than those things I don't know what else I can do to make this a really great setup. I would love to hear any suggestions the forum has and of course any criticisms there are, let me hear it.

Thanks for any help given!

IMG_3921.thumb.JPG.5d511987f8b4ec62910e3IMG_3922.thumb.JPG.8de1de5a87b1fe2b2964f

You can probably add led back lighting behind the monitors or around the desk

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

1 minute ago, aneil1998 said:

You can probably add led back lighting behind the monitors or around the desk

I almost forgot about the ones I have laying around but not sure how good they. Great suggestion thanks!

Just now, cheshgoalie21 said:

I almost forgot about the ones I have laying around but not sure how good they. Great suggestion thanks!

Your welcome

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2