Just finished a Chrome Extension for viewing YouTube video fullscreen within your current window

Hi All,

So i've just finished a small chrome extension (my first) that basically allows you to view youtube videos fullscreen within your current window. Why? Well it's something I built for my own use but figured i'm probably not the only who'd use it. How does it work? Go to the video, hit the extensions button from your toolbar and it'll open the video in youtube's embed, making it fullscreen within your browser.

So if you're interested, you can find it here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fulltube/jdiaigcdapdbpbedaancilnndnfippdk

Here's an example:

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2016-02-16-at-21.16.04.jpg.9

My god this is so nice between this and the improved youtube extension it make youtube so much nicer to use on my monitor set you thanks man 

null

4 hours ago, cptavim said:

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but what is the point of this? Can't you just click the full screen button in the YouTube player to go full screen?

I think you're miss understanding, the idea of this is to go full screen within your browser window, not your whole screen. View this to see what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/embed/dQw4w9WgXcQ

So basically what this extension does is take the video your on and put it into that view.

5 hours ago, cptavim said:

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but what is the point of this? Can't you just click the full screen button in the YouTube player to go full screen?

When you have a surround setup going full screen on a application when you just want it on the one display but going out of the surround setup to just have a video on one display just to change it back later is a waste of time and this solves the issue 

Good job :-).

This is actually one of the many options built in in the Magic Actions for Youtube-extension, which I use and like very much.