Quick Gigabit Question

Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

Yes all devices in your network will need to be 10Gbit capable (if its connected to your Router that is) If its just going to and from your LAN then you can just get a 10Gbit switch/NIC.

Hi so I know bottlenecks a a big issue for network speeds and transfers so, in order to have full for example 10 gigabit speeds, I know that the machines would have to have 10 gigabit capability, but would this include for something such as a router? Would a router need to have 10 gigabit ports? Or do routers have some kind of feature that is capable for this 'out of the box'?

Yes all devices in your network will need to be 10Gbit capable (if its connected to your Router that is) If its just going to and from your LAN then you can just get a 10Gbit switch/NIC.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

nope, router needs to have 10gbit ports or it won't work. if you connect the pc's directly to the router... 10Gbit router is gonna cost you though.. so better option is getting a 10Gbit switch to connect to the router, put the pc's on that.

I have no signature

I'm going to go with the 2 out of 3 responses, it makes sense logically that all the hardware would have to be 10 gigabit, feel free to provide a demonstration that would not require 10 gigabit in that sense but I don't think it would work 

When talking about this sort of thing, Tek Syndicate's forum and Hardware and Enterprise channels are considerably better resources for server/enterprise questions. Let Wendell and Qain be your guides.