GPU for Dual LG 34" Ultrawide PLUS HDMI

Hey All, Looking for ideas for a GPU to handle 2x LG 34" Ultrawide displays, and have a HDMI output for a TV. It will be going into a new build so anything goes.

single or dual 980ti's

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

I would prefer a single GPU, I'm considering the 980TI. Anything from AMD world?

are you going to be gaming on both? 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

no gaming really, video and audio editing, watching movies, extreme multi-tasking

2 hours ago, Jeff Kang said:

no gaming really, video and audio editing, watching movies, extreme multi-tasking

I feel a single 980 will be fine, I've run into no issues with my ultra wide and a secondary 1920x1080 on my 780. 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

The real question is, would it also handle a third 1080p TV for previewing content and movies?

2 hours ago, Jeff Kang said:

The real question is, would it also handle a third 1080p TV for previewing content and movies?

Assuming you go with a 980 it'll be fine. I'd almost say a 970 would be fine but might as well push for the newer stuff. Since your doing video editing I might suggest looking into a workstation GPU, BUT I don't know much about the differences between a gaming and workstation GPU other than higher quality and better optimization for what you are doing with a WS GPU. But if you want to keep it affordable go with the 980

Get a fury X instead

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Additionally I wouldn't suggest 2 ultra wides, however I don't know how you work. I recently got mine and when I edit I use my 1080p monitor for a full screen preview and my ultrawide handles everything else with no issue. It's comfortable, I could benefit from another 1080p monitor but meh. I'd love 2 21:9's myself but I feel you could invest your hard earned money more effectively allocating that to something else with your setup. Again you do what you want of course, just thought I'd share that because before I had my ultra wide I wanted 2 and now well I dont lol

Good to know mbryant. Maybe I'll start with 1 and go from there. Just need to get the GPU to POSSIBLY handle 2. ;)

980TI would do you good I believe. And I can not believe how amazing it would be to have two of those Ultra wide monitors, probably heaven.

I wonder if Linus would be willing to test this, since he happens to have the hardware in his shop.......