Screen flickering while folding

Go to solution Solved by arielbeje,

Sorry for bringing this thread up again, but it was the VGA cable, I switched to DVI and it stopped doing it.

When I'm folding on my new 980ti, the screen start to flicker(i think that's how you call it, like the effect that you get when recording a screen through a camera).

I tried running Fire Strike and I played Storm 4 for about an hour straight and this didn't happen, so it's probably only when using F@H.

Any ideas on how to fix it(yes, I know I can set it to only run when idle but I don't mind folding while watching videos and stuff like that)?

EDIT: In case it matters, it's a fresh install of windows, I did install the latest drivers for everything that I need and  I tried to reboot it

EDIT 2: I am using VGA, so that might be the problem. I'll switch to DVI/DP and test again(Apperantly it does flicker in Storm 4, it's just not as noticeable).

Is it really flicker or just overall lag? The first is a sign of a problem, while the second is more like "happens to some people and there's nothing ou can do about it".

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Just now, Imakuni said:

Is it really flicker or just overall lag? The first is a sign of a problem, while the second is more like "happens to some people and there's nothing ou can do about it".

Both, I knew the second one is common, so I didn't think that I need to mention it.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing this thread up again, but it was the VGA cable, I switched to DVI and it stopped doing it.