just clean installed windows 10 (new build desktop) cant get 144hertz

XxDarkDespairxX

my screen is a 

BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz 1ms 24 inch Gaming Monitor NVIDIA 3D Vision Supported seamless FPS RTS MOBA Game eSport i tried  custom and i set it to 144hertz from the nvidia control panel and it said out of range with a black screen am i doing something wrong?

2 minutes ago, XxDarkDespairxX said:

my screen is a 

BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz 1ms 24 inch Gaming Monitor NVIDIA 3D Vision Supported seamless FPS RTS MOBA Game eSport i tried  custom and i set it to 144hertz from the nvidia control panel and it said out of range with a black screen am i doing something wrong?

Update the drivers man, your monitor doesn't know how to deal with 144Hz yet, Same thing happened to me. Download the GeForce Experience and get your drivers through that program. Keeps everything hella fresh.

44 minutes ago, XxDarkDespairxX said:

my screen is a 

Are you connected with HDMI?

no hdmi

got the blue cord from screen to video card and i tried dowloading g force it will load but says timed out when i try to open in on my desktop

rip after spamming that shit for like hours it finaly popped up ill let you know if it works

1 hour ago, XxDarkDespairxX said:

no hdmi

got the blue cord from screen to video card and i tried dowloading g force it will load but says timed out when i try to open in on my desktop

You can only enable 144Hz using DVI. The middle one in the picture below. A cable for it is included with the monitor if it's retail.

benq-xl2411z.jpg

whats the difference between having it in the middle and having it in the video card with thething that fits on the end of the blue so it fits in the video card thats the only diff one can get 60 and the middle one can get 144?

should i plug them both in one in the video card and the white one or just the white one

when i plugged in only the white one i got nothing but i plugged them both in one in the graphics card and one in the motherboard the white one

still says out of range when i try to customize it to 144 hertz with both plugs in

by the way do you think i will see a difference in my league if legends games from 60 to 144 ?

cause thats the only game i play that and diablo any others and ill barf my guts out