big heatsinks?

Rocko

Are bigger heatsinks really that much better than like a hyper 212 Evo?

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

They have a greater capacitance for cooling, so yes they will greatly improve temperatures.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

They have a greater capacitance for cooling, so yes they will greatly improve temperatures.

Do you know the biggest CPU cooler that will fit in the S340 preferably White? Thanks.

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

11 minutes ago, Rocko said:

Do you know the biggest CPU cooler that will fit in the S340 preferably White? Thanks.

According to NZXT's product page for the case, you have 161mm of clearance for a CPU cooler, so anything within that.

Just now, aceman67 said:

According to NZXT's product page for the case, you have 161mm of clearance for a CPU cooler, so anything within that.

Okay thanks.