Netflix shutsdown last datacenter

Streaming service Netflix has closed the doors of the latest own data center. All services of the company are now stored in the cloud rival Amazon.
Transferring all information began in 2008 and was completed last month, Yury Izrailevsky announced in a blog post. The chances of failure of the service Netflix has become a lot smaller.

It has also become much easier according Izrailevsky to free up extra space for new movies and series. The cloud should provide a "better and more enjoyable experience" for subscription members.

Netflix decided to step up in August 2008 to a cloud system. The company sended At That Time DVDs with movies and series to subscribers. Due to a major flaw in the system Netflix could not send anything for three days.

Amazon
The company decided to use the cloud services of Amazon to transfer all services. Amazon itself began in 2013 with a paid streaming service to compete with Netflix.

The transfer finally took seven years because Netflix during the "relocation" wanted to optimize the software for use in the cloud. Also, new systems have been built to run everything.

According Izrailevsky Netflix is a step into the cloud close to the system optimization. The company wants to ensure that the streaming service 99.9 percent of the time online. In that case the service a year later than 52.26 minutes may be offline.

Source: Nu.nl Translated by me :D

Source: arstechnica.com Not translated by me :D

Tag me if you need me :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desktop:                                       Laptop:        
CPU - i7-4790k                            CPU: I7 7700HQ
GPU - Inno3D 1080TI                  GPU: 1060
Mobo - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI          Memory: 16 GB
Memory - 32 GB DDR3                Storage: 1256GB
Storage - 11 TB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: ONEPLUS 6 128GB