Learning more python!!! Need some help

So, I'm taking my very first programming class I'm getting my Bachelor's in Computer Science and I'm currently learning python.  I just took midterms and only have 4 more weeks left of this class, and I absolutely love it.  I took the initiative to write out a program that could roll 10 dice and the user could pick how many sides it was interesting, and I learned about the random thing.  I guess what I'm trying to say is I just want to learn more, I hate the codecademy thing its just not my cup of tea but I really khanacademy I have no idea why, except they don't have python.  Where can I go to learn more? I also attached my dice program let me know what you think.

multisidedDice.py

I use coursera to learn new languages, but considering you already know Python you probably wouldn't like it as they teach you from a beginner level. You should look for python meetups in your area, I know where I live there are groups that have python scripting nights and they just create cool stuff together, you can find those on meetups.com. Also try getting a rasberry pi and making something cool out of it using python, the best way to learn any language is to start projects and educate yourself along the way.

1 minute ago, KraftDinner said:

I use coursera to learn new languages, but considering you already know Python you probably wouldn't like it as they teach you from a beginner level. You should look for python meetups in your area, I know where I live there are groups that have python scripting nights and they just create cool stuff together, you can find those on meetups.com. Also try getting a rasberry pi and making something cool out of it using python, the best way to learn any language is to start projects and educate yourself along the way.

thanks i'll look into coursera anyways it sure couldn't hurt

The official documentation (and tutorial) were the best for me.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

The dice program looks quite good, for a start! As a challenge, try using a 'for' loop to roll the dice instead of having a bunch of the same randint calls. For a rather comprehensive tutorial on python, the official documentation has a nice (if a bit dry) tutorial available at (https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/).  If you've only been working with python through websites, it may be a bit of a jump from that to the python interpreter. Learning by practice is often a good way to start, so if you have an idea, start with it and keep coding! If you get stuck on something, a good resource is Stack Overflow. Someone else has most likely already come across what you're stuck on, so you can often find code examples and help there. Good Luck!

"/usr/local/bin/coffee.sh" Missing – Insert Cup and Press Any Key

Nice! A new member of the python community! Most online documentation is for beginners, as nobody really has enough patience to carry something out. I find the official documentation has the best stuff for intermediate to pro programmers. You can usually find REALLY good books about syntax and different commands at Indigo. I recently picked one up for $15 CAD or about $8.50 USD.