Screen goes black then gray-ish green bars pop-up

Nightrise

I dont know if this is the right place to ask. But here i go anyways, lately i have been having problem with my pc when i play games-(CS:GO, Battlefield 4). When i play after 30 min my screen goes black, then gray-ish green bars pop onto the screen, then the pc frozen and i have to restart it, i have tried every thing from changing the ram, cpu, graphics card and ever the psu. To no avail, i even went as far from upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10, but its still the same. The bios has been updated to the latest version and nothing has change. The parts are less than 8 months old, i have ran out of things to test. I first thought the overclock was the problem, but when they are back to default its still the same.

Pc specs:

Motherboard: MSI b85-g43 gaming

Cpu: Intel i5-4590

Ram: Adata Xpg v1.0 16gb (2x8gb)

Psu: Corsair CX series 750 watt

Gpu: Gigabyte R9 280 oc

You've replaced the gpu, and psu, and you're still getting artifacting and crashing?

I was about to say it must be something with the os, but you've even changed that.

I honestly have no idea where to start to tell you how to troubleshoot, that's a first...

Following this thread to see what becomes of it,

edit: oh, i thought it said your motherboard had been swapped as well. Try working with the components on a different board, that's the last part of the puzzle.

Edited by Atmos

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1. Have you monitored temperatures while playing?

2. Try running Aida64 and Furmark at the same time see if it will crash after the time you specified

3. Put your components into a different motherboard with a different CPU, see if the problem persists.

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

Upgrading OS is not the same as fresh install. If different video drivers don´t change anything or a fresh OS install then i guess your motherboard is faulty.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

Have you tried a different monitor?

Never heard of monitor freezing a system. Unless he was not listening to audio and determined just by picture it froze.

Yes, i have a BenQ XL2730Z, i tried a standard office screen, its still the same.

Did you upgrade windows or do a fresh install?

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

6 minutes ago, ChronicGenocide said:

2. Try running Aida64 and Furmark at the same time see if it will crash after the time you specified

3. Put your components into a different motherboard with a different CPU, see if the problem persists.

i will give the aida64 and furmark a shot, then see if its still the same, then try putting the components into a different motherboard

2 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

Did you upgrade windows or do a fresh install?

A fresh install with all the latest drivers.

13 hours ago, ChronicGenocide said:

13 hours ago, Atmos said:

You've replaced the gpu, and psu, and you're still getting artifacting and crashing?

I was about to say it must be something with the os, but you've even changed that.

I honestly have no idea where to start to tell you how to troubleshoot, that's a first...

Following this thread to see what becomes of it,

edit: oh, i thought it said your motherboard had been swapped as well. Try working with the components on a different board, that's the last part of the puzzle.

Thanks guys for all the help

The problem would have seemed to be the gpu over heating (90 degrees) and then i have to restart it (first thing that came to mind is why didn't it throttle or start to) , even when i put it into an other pc, and stress test it, its still the same, so i went a bought a MSI GTX 960 to see if its still the same, to note, where i live the temp outside is about 40 degrees (i live in Africa-Namibia) so i will see how does this fair. 

Thanks again for all the help.

15 hours ago, Nightrise said:

Thanks guys for all the help

The problem would have seemed to be the gpu over heating (90 degrees) and then i have to restart it (first thing that came to mind is why didn't it throttle or start to) , even when i put it into an other pc, and stress test it, its still the same, so i went a bought a MSI GTX 960 to see if its still the same, to note, where i live the temp outside is about 40 degrees (i live in Africa-Namibia) so i will see how does this fair. 

Thanks again for all the help.

If the GPU is overheating, look online for some guides to replace thermal paste and clean the heatsink(s)

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale