Which is Better?

Lor1113

980ti

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Nothing personal OP.

I do wish people would stop asking "what is better" or "what is best" and give no idea what they consider good or their wants.  Usually there are no winners in every category, most items are better in some areas worse in others. Without knowing what they will be used for it is often impossible to say A is better than B in every way.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Just now, soup said:

Nothing personal OP.

I do wish people would stop asking "what is better" or "what is best" and give no idea what they consider good or their wants.  Usually there are no winners in every category, most items are better in some areas worse in others. Without knowing what they will be used for it is often impossible to say A is better than B in every way.

While I do totally agree with your post, in this case the 980ti is a pretty clear victor.

From what I understand, the 390X2 is like running two cards in Crossfire but they are built into one card.  Thus you have all the drawbacks of dual cards and very few benefits.  Of course in theory the 390X2 should beat the 980ti if you're game has good crossfire support but the crossfire/SLi support out there right now isn't tremendous.  The 390X2 is going to have really high temps and power consumption compared to the 980ti.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

"In this case" This was a general rather than a specific comment. I did sort of say in the first line that it wasn't actually this post I was commenting on but on re-reading I can see that wasn't actually clear; apologies all round for any confusion this may have caused.

"This too shall pass"

6 minutes ago, soup said:

"In this case" This was a general rather than a specific comment. I did sort of say in the first line that it wasn't actually this post I was commenting on but on re-reading I can see that wasn't actually clear; apologies all round for any confusion this may have caused.

I totally understood and agree, I honestly just quoted you because your response showed up while I was explaining why I think the 980ti is better. 

Around three hundred which is better, which video card, which processor, which case threads show up every day and they have already been answered in every way shape and form.  People should also have a clear intent with there posts, but it looks like this is @Lor1113's first post, so we should cut 'em some slack.

Admittedly, this topic was rather foolish and I apologise for wasting your time.

I will take your advice though the X2 really did seem better. it certainly had more GDDR5, with a larger memory bus. I also expected at least some of the CrossFire/Sli type issues to be negated by having two cards in one.

Sorry for being a novice prick

Not prickish at all, there are no stupid questions etc .

I just wish I had commented in a post on its own not piggybacking someone else's question.

My post should in no way be seen as an attack on you, more a thought piece on how people can help us help them.

"This too shall pass"