4790k temps

Hectr34

Hi guys, just got a 4790k and im getting 78 degrees celcius on p95. Seems high to me since my 9590 at 5ghz never went over 55 and that thing is power hungry!  Im using a Kraken x61 to cool it down.

4 minutes ago, Hectr34 said:

Hi guys, just got a 4790k and im getting 78 degrees celcius on p95. Seems high to me since my 9590 at 5ghz never went over 55 and that thing is power hungry!  Im using a Kraken x61 to cool it down.

Not really safe. Did you overclock it?

3 minutes ago, Hectr34 said:

No, turbo boost is on tho.

But it shouldn't be that hot either. Liquid Cooling or Air Cooling? Just check if it is installed properly and even replace the thermal paste

17 minutes ago, Hectr34 said:

Welcome to the Forums!

For Haswell it's best to not use P95 it tends to overdo it on the stress testing giving unrealistic results, Adia 64 pr Realbench would be better options. 

fans on? speed pump? maybe its bad placed on the mobo

3 minutes ago, Hectr34 said:

It's a kraken x61 closed loop cooler.

i have the x40 in my 4790k and it hit 60C at most

Yeah everything is running with the cooler and also in battlefield my 9590 wouldn't go over 35c now the 4790k hits high 40s.

5 minutes ago, Hectr34 said:

Yeah everything is running with the cooler and also in battlefield my 9590 wouldn't go over 35c now the 4790k hits high 40s.

well i hit 40 playing LoL, i think thats ok, remember, this Cpu´s are very hoooot

Have you applied new paste on the cpu or did you use the paste left over from the 9590? Also what kind of paste did you use?

SYSTEM: CPU-i5-6600k GPU-EVGA Titan X SC MOBO-Asus Z170-A SOUND CARD-Asus Xonar Essence STX RAM-16GB HyperX Fury 2133 DDR4 COOLER-CoolerMaster Hyper T4 WIFI-Asus PCE-AC68