Looking for something COMFORTABLE

So I'm looking for a comfortable pair of over-the-ear headphones/headset. I currently have a pair of Sony XB950AP and they are nice but even they seem to get uncomfortable after a few hours. I have tried other popular models such as the Sennheiser 280 Pro, ATH M-30, etc.. and didn't like the fit of those either. I use my headphones with my PC and with my phone while playing drums so I'm looking for something with a 3.5 jack. I've been eyeing various pairs of Steelseries cans as they look like they feel great. Can anyone comment on those as well as give some recommendations?

Just now, PartyWaffle said:

Looking in the range of $100

Are you looking for open back or closed? Or does it not matter and you just want the highest quality, comfortable headphones?

1 minute ago, mathmeister said:

Are you looking for open back or closed? Or does it not matter and you just want the highest quality, comfortable headphones?

I prefer closed.

Just now, mathmeister said:

Looking at the use case (for use with drums), I'd say OP is looking for something closed.  Could try the Takstar Pro80.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Sennheiser HD 280 Pros seem perfect

I tried those. I hated the feel. They were so tight...

2 minutes ago, PartyWaffle said:

I tried those. I hated the feel. They were so tight...

Is $100 the highest you can spend?

Is $100 the highest you can spend?

Depends on how awesome the headset is.

I've found the easiest way is to compare your thoughts on headphones (even go to a store a nd try a few) then compare your thoughts on each to reviews, then use those reviews to guide you to what your looking for.

Thats to say find a reviewer that finds the same issues and good points as you so you know they are looking for the same things.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

2 minutes ago, Dzzope said:

I've found the easiest way is to compare your thoughts on headphones (even go to a store a nd try a few) then compare your thoughts on each to reviews, then use those reviews to guide you to what your looking for.

I've been trying to do that but the stores in vegas only have the generic shit on display for people to try.

2 minutes ago, PartyWaffle said:

Depends on how awesome the headset is.

Have you tried the ATH-M50 or the X? There's so many options you're better off trying them on.

2 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

Have you tried the ATH-M50 or the X? There's so many options you're better off trying them on.

I haven't. Only the M30

1 minute ago, PartyWaffle said:

I've been trying to do that but the stores in vegas only have the generic shit on display for people to try.

I'm sure there are plenty of places to try near tourist spots / travel hubs or more upmarket stores.. Hell book the cheapest flight anywhere for $5 (if you get that kind of thing there) and go to the duty-free / airport shops.. Some airports have duty-free type stuff before the security. There gotta be a way. I mean Vegas isn't the middle of no-where for luxury items.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

2 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

If OP didn't like the comfort of the M30x, he's not gonna like the M50x comfort either.  Also stretching the budget for M50x's is dumb, might as well get an M40x and be done with it.  If you're going to stretch the budget, get something thats actually worth the price.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

The issue for me with long term comfort is the heat generated on my head and ears.  The SHP9500 are the best for me in that regard.  Velour pads are the next best.  But then they aren't closed.  Even my HyperX Clouds with velour pads are pretty open.  Right now I'm using them with HM5 hybrid pads, and they are better than the leatherette ones but not as good as full velour.

So it goes like this: SHP9500 > stock velour pads (on AD500x and Clouds) > HM5 hybrid pads (on Clouds) > stock leatherette pads (on Clouds).  

I find all headphones I mentioned comfortable and the only issue with long term usage is heat.

6 hours ago, PartyWaffle said:

Most Amazon products have a return policy. I know the Headroom has a 30-day money back guarantee on all of it'sheadphones. Head-Direct does the same I believe. I think soundearphones.com does the same. Just check on-line, there are plenty of stores with 30-day money back guarantees.

It’s a bit time-taking, but worth if you want to find an “ideal” something. IMO-the price would be more than 100$ 

No mention of the NVX XPT100 yet?

Earpads are pretty well known and the clamp is relatively light compared to most.

I'm thinking about getting the HyperX Cloud II for both gaming and drumming as every review is seen is positive. Lots of people are saying these are extremely comfortable. Anyone have an experience with those?