Is this a good build?

palazzad

It's a good build just change the PSU to the EVGA G2/GS/GQ 650W or Seasonic S12II 620W

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

1 minute ago, Amazingasian said:

It's a good build just change the PSU to the EVGA G2/GS/GQ 650W or Seasonic S12II 620W

Thanks! If you don't mind me asking why would I go for lower watts? is i because the power supplies that you are suggesting are just better? or do i not need the 750 watts

Just now, palazzad said:

Thanks! If you don't mind me asking why would I go for lower watts? is i because the power supplies that you are suggesting are just better? or do i not need the 750 watts

Both.  You really don't need 750W unless you want to crossfire later.  Even then, I wouldn't crossfire R9 390's.  

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Just now, Amazingasian said:

Both.  You really don't need 750W unless you want to crossfire later.  Even then, I wouldn't crossfire R9 390's.  

Alright thank you!

You can run Source games on a laptop with max setting @1080p, 60Hz.

That computer is  computer is more than capable. 

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

You can run Source games on a laptop with max setting @1080p, 60Hz.

That computer is  computer is more than capable. 

on my inspiron 15 7000 series barely runs h1z1 at 25 fps -_- its terrible 

This might be slightly overkill build of a game like CS:GO, because lets be honest; CS:GO can run on a potato. Otherwise its great, are you planning on overclocking? If you are you will be perfectly fine :)

6 minutes ago, palazzad said:

I want to be playing CSGO at ultra settings at at least 720p or if im lucky 1080p at least 60fps?

Just now, Raginryuu said:

This might be slightly overkill build of a game like CS:GO, because lets be honest; CS:GO can run on a potato. Otherwise its great, are you planning on overclocking? If you are you will be perfectly fine :)

Yeah i want to be able to overclock it too to be able to play other games like crisis and stuff at good frames. do you know if my pc be able to handle that with over clock?

1 minute ago, palazzad said:

Yeah i want to be able to overclock it too to be able to play other games like crisis and stuff at good frames. do you know if my pc be able to handle that with over clock?

Yea, your build does work for overclocking. :D WOOOO!!

Just now, Raginryuu said:

Yea, your build does work for overclocking. :D WOOOO!!

I had no idea!! thats great! thank you!

3 minutes ago, palazzad said:

on my inspiron 15 7000 series barely runs h1z1 at 25 fps -_- its terrible 

I don't know what that game is, so I googled it. "[Early Access] release, the game suffered from severe technical issues...Framerate issues...also among the problems reported" You will probably be fine at release on your laptop and almost defiantly with that PC.

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I don't know what that game is, so I googled it. "[Early Access] release, the game suffered from severe technical issues...Framerate issues...also among the problems reported" You will probably be fine at release on your laptop and almost defiantly with that PC.

I hope so! This is my first build so I'm really excited to build it. Any tips?

CSGO = TF2 at graphics. I got my stupidly old GT730 with 4GB of ram and I played TF2 at 1600*900. No frames issues, just some stuttering. CSGO is not that high graphics, still your build is fine, just need a better PSU IMO