Moving a video to my phone, what folder do I put it in?

TopWargamer

Moving a video from my computer to my phone (Android). What folder in my phone would I put it in?

COMIC SANS

usually there will be something like Media>Video, or it could be DCIM either. the DCIM is the direct camera folder usually.

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

Any?

DCIM > Camera where are your photos and videos works.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There will be a folder called "Media" which contains a folder called "Music". It will also contain a folder called "Video". Use that one. If the "Video" folder does not exist in that location, simply create one.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

It's dependant on the video, DCIM is usually a good place to look otherwise look around your phone and see if you can find any existing videos.

You can make the folder yourself. My Galaxy SIII came with a ton of folders all individually labeled for things like, "Movies," "Images," "Music," etc. But it doesn't seem to actually matter where I drag and drop files. The Gallery/Video Player seems to find all the files no matter where I put them.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

You could just put it into download and then move it from within the phone.

hello

Any folder if you use MX Player. If you are using a stock video player, you might have to create a new folder named Videos/Movies and place your file there.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

What phone have you got?

Well it's not mine, it's friends, and it's a Galaxy S4. 

COMIC SANS