Worth it

My mom has a Lenovo G560 notebook. It has like a Pentium Dual core and 4 Gigs of ram. I did notice that she was running close to 90% usage on the ram. However I slightly fixed the issue with stopping stuff she didnt need to start up. Any way do you guys think upgrading to 8 Gigs would be worth it. She does not use this machine often, but she does complain that it is slow.

On a side note, this machine has not gotten the Windows 10 nag the f out of you ware yet. Do you think its too old and MS wont push it to us automatically? Lenovo does not have any drivers on their support site for Windows 10 for this model. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

A normal windows machine idle-ing should not use 90% of 4GB of RAM. I would do a clean install first if I were you too see if that would fix the problem. I consider 4GB of RAM to be the minimum amount and should be fine even when paired with a Pentium processor.

Computer Science student proficient in OSX, Linux and Windows

(Dell Inspiron 7570): i5-8550u | Geforce 940MX | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 15.6" 1920x1080 ScreenWindows 10 |

1 minute ago, DamnTarget said:

A normal windows machine idle-ing should not use 90% of 4GB of RAM. I would do a clean install first if I were you too see if that would fix the problem. I consider 4GB of RAM to be the minimum amount and should be fine even when paired with a Pentium processor.

This

Clear up the PC and add an SSD rather than more RAM.

Issue is, most of the "SHIT" is stuff my mom uses. She plays those games from Big Fish games and does all that Facebook gaming crap. So once I the system recovery she is just going to fill it up with "SHIT" again. After I stopped some of the unnecessary stuff from starting up I got it down to about 60% usage. Ill have to see if she has anything important on it before I can do the system recovery. 

@Pearsonia if I added an SSD to anything it would be here desktop, she actually uses it more. We are just in a bit of a situation. The current computer room used to be the bathroom. Well we have it full of crap but we need to re drywall it and redo the floor. My moms desktop is in the living room, which isnt that big of a room. She sick of all the wires. She actually wanted me to build her something physically smaller, the issue is, I dont think they make a case for as small as she wants to go. Or understands the cost of buying quality hardware and not shit hardware. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.