[Solved] IPv6 Missing From Registry

Hello, everyone. Another puzzler for you all today.

So one day, my internet connection started to be a little weird. I had just switched ISPs, so I figured that to be the issue (turns out it was part of it, but anyways).

I'm doing my usual troubleshooting routine, and I notice that IPv6 is disabled in my ethernet adapter properties. I'll just turn it on; problem solved!  

Turns out that my IPv6 was completely uninstalled, not just removed. I'm too lazy to take more screenshots.

So I figure out where the internet protocols are stored ( C:\Windows\INF ), and proceed to attempt reinstallation of IPv6, since I had already pingtested and tracerouted IPv4 with no noticeable problems.

Here's where things get interesting.

( TL;DR ) I am blocked by group policy when I attempt to reinstall the IPv6 protocol. Help!

PS) My beautiful image editing courtesy of the wonderful Microsoft Paint.sadasdasdasdsadsadsada.png.8aa130c5a1f86

___________________________________________________________________________________________

____

Hello? :(

___________________________________________________________________________________________

____

1 minute ago, MisterK said:

Have you actually googled your issue?

Yeah, I have...

____

2 minutes ago, MisterK said:

... I guess I'm blind then, or I'm terrible at using Google. I'll see if these help. Thanks for compensating for my stupidity.

____

Neither of those helped much. I turned off my VPN, disabled its startup services, and no change. I followed all of the instructions on both of the pages you linked. No change. IPv6 is still not working. The registry keys are missing. Any way to disable group policy completely (temporarily)?

____

I've even tried manually disabling Group Policy using this method.

HELP!!!!

____

In command prompt as administrator type: netsh interface ipv6 install. If you get an error post it here.

Edited by lowlyf
Corrected command syntax

Command not found.

23 minutes ago, lowlyf said:

In command prompt as administrator type: netsh interface install ipv6. If you get an error post it here.

____

I'm on Windows 10, if that helps. Thought I'd already mentioned that.

____

Sorry my syntax was wrong. netsh interface ipv6 install then reboot.

Still 'command not found'. Are you thinking of XP?

____

Netsh is part of Windows 10. You have to run CMD as admin (right click run as admin or highlight CMD and press ctrl+shift+enter) Try netsh /? and if it says netsh isn't installed/command not found run sfc /scannow to rebuild netsh. You need netsh for layer 3 networking.

Netsh is part of Windows 10. You have to run CMD as admin (right click run as admin or highlight CMD and press ctrl+shift+enter) Try netsh /? and if it says netsh isn't installed/command not found run sfc /scannow to rebuild netsh.

This is what I get when I input 'netsh interface ipv6'. Netsh, interface, and ipv6 are all recognized parameters.

" Commands in this context:
6to4           - Changes to the `netsh interface ipv6 6to4' context.
?              - Displays a list of commands.
add            - Adds a configuration entry to a table.
delete         - Deletes a configuration entry from a table.
dump           - Displays a configuration script.
help           - Displays a list of commands.
isatap         - Changes to the `netsh interface ipv6 isatap' context.
reset          - Reset the IP configurations.
set            - Sets configuration information.
show           - Displays information. "

____