PC Wont turn on. Help

I was using my computer and it froze 4 times in one month. I checked my motherboard and realized i haven't updated the BIOS. There was a problem with the skylake CPUS. they said the my pc would freeze. I updated it just like they show on there video. It said it was successful. I restarted and just showed a black screen for five minutes. I got back to the bios screen. The pc and all the parts are run perfectly. I checked my ssd where my windows 8.1 is installed and it says that its frozen. Can that be the problem or can i change the bios to the provisos version? Its an Asus Z170 Pro Gaming PLS HELP ME OR ANY RECOMMENDATIONS. Should i return it and get a new one?

Is anything overclocked?

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

Just now, verydogesuchwow said:

Is anything overclocked?

NO nothing is 

Yeah, your SSD is probably the problem, though have never encountered this kind of problem, sorry

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

Yeah, your SSD is probably the problem, though have never encountered this kind of problem, sorry

How can i fix it? Or now for sure that its the ssd?

I'm not super sure, so would check with another source, but predict that the SSD is causing the problem

I'm not super sure, so would check with another source, but predict that the SSD is causing the problem

What other source do you recommend? 

2 minutes ago, Minidud19 said:

How can i fix it? Or now for sure that its the ssd?

try installing windows on a different drive you have if you do and see if it works.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

What they said ^

Do you have access to another windows Maschine? You could create a Windows usb boot stick and use the recovery option. Just make sure to use the recovery option that will not delete personal data. It should be labeled. 

Edit: maybe replace, change the sata port or cable.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

1 minute ago, Slyhawk said:

try installing windows on a different drive you have if you do and see if it works.

I have an ssd. the one i installed windows in. And a 1tb which is also installed in my pc 

1 minute ago, LarsReviews said:

Do you have access to another windows Maschine? You could create a Windows usb boot stick and use the recovery option. Just make sure to use the recovery option that will not delete personal data. It should be labeled. 

Might try that. Do you think that happened?

2 minutes ago, Minidud19 said:

I have an ssd. the one i installed windows in. And a 1tb which is also installed in my pc 

yeah if you want back up the data on the 1tb hdd and see if windows works so you will pinpoint the problem if its the ssd or if its the update you did. on the 1tb hdd you would have to reinstall any programs again since you would format it for windows.

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

5 minutes ago, Slyhawk said:

4 minutes ago, LarsReviews said:

I will try the recovery option thing tomorrow. I have to sleep and have school. If you guys can add me on Skype Minidud19. I will be online in 18 hours

4 minutes ago, Slyhawk said:

yeah if you want back up the data on the 1tb hdd and see if windows works so you will pinpoint the problem if its the ssd or if its the update you did. on the 1tb hdd you would have to reinstall any programs again since you would format it for windows.

Thanks i will do that. The ssd and 1tb worked perfect and when i did the update my computer didn't show anything except a black screen and when i got to the bios menu i saw the on the ssd it said frozen. Can i un freeze it in the bios menu or what do i do? I think i might to what you said about trying to reinstall windows. I might buy a 200gb hhd and try it with that.  Anything else i should know?

Just had another idea. You could make a Ubuntu boot stick, boot into it, copy all personal data of the ssd onto the hdd and then perform a complete clean install of Windows. 

If you are able to copy the files of the ssd, that should technically mean the ssd is fine. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Just now, LarsReviews said:

Just had another idea. You could make a Ubuntu boot stick, boot into it, copy all personal data of the ssd onto the hdd and then perform a complete clean install of Windows. 

If you are able to copy the files of the ssd, that should technically mean the ssd is fine. 

How do i do that and is it safe/ 100% works?

1 minute ago, Minidud19 said:

Thanks i will do that. The ssd and 1tb worked perfect and when i did the update my computer didn't show anything except a black screen and when i got to the bios menu i saw the on the ssd it said frozen. Can i un freeze it in the bios menu or what do i do? I think i might to what you said about trying to reinstall windows. I might buy a 200gb hhd and try it with that.  Anything else i should know?

sorry don't know much about ssds just got one my self i think if all else fails and the new windows install works you might have to reformat the ssd.

Just now, Slyhawk said:

sorry don't know much about ssds just got one my self i think if all else fails and the new windows install works you might have to reformat the ssd.

What do you mean reformat. As in get a new one?

Just now, Minidud19 said:

What do you mean reformat. As in get a new one?

No it means that you erase all the data and like start on a new state kinda like new so it could fix your problems. like formating. (sorry not good at explaining things.)

Booting of a Ubuntu usb stick and using the "try Ubuntu"  option should be safe. We do it at work like that. 

Could you post a picture of what the screen looks like, where it says it froze? 

Just now, Slyhawk said:

No it means that you erase all the data and like start on a new state kinda like new so it could fix your problems. like formating. (sorry not good at explaining things.)

How would i be able to reformat it? also if i us a usb stick should i use the recovery one or if i was installing windows from scratch? Last if it shows the windows is installing again does that mean the my ssd is not work/broken?

1 minute ago, LarsReviews said:

IBooting of a Ubuntu usb stick and using the "try Ubuntu"  option should be safe. We do it at work like that. 

I will send you a picture tomorrow. I have to go to bed. I you can add me on Skype so we can talk tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, LarsReviews said:

Booting of a Ubuntu usb stick and using the "try Ubuntu"  option should be safe. We do it at work like that. 

ON skype its Minidud19 

7 minutes ago, LarsReviews said:

Where do you work?