Will low noise adapters sacrifice performance?

Stjanki
Go to solution Solved by Nup,

Yep, they'll slow the fans down some, tbh it's negligible difference. Especially if you dont have an OC which is pushing the cooler's limits. At most one or two degree's. 

I know this seems like an easy question but I haven't found any answer using google.

So I bought an NH-D14 CPU cooler and I am loving the temperatures it gives me. It is kinda loud though. After digging in the box again, I found these two low noise adapters. I am assuming that using them will sacrifice some performance. I was wondering if anyone knew just how much? I'd like to know before I decide to test it out myself

Yep, they'll slow the fans down some, tbh it's negligible difference. Especially if you dont have an OC which is pushing the cooler's limits. At most one or two degree's. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

1 minute ago, Nup said:

Thank you for your answer. 

sure they'll drop the voltage a little bit and decrease performance

most of them have some informations at the package i think they had low noise, ultra low noise etc

they also had labels on the adapters so you could check for them

i remember the low noise slowed the rpm 300 and ultra low noise 700 but i have to check the description on the box at home myself

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Just now, Stjanki said:

Thank you for your answer. 

No problem man. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I would argue it depends on the set-up. As lowering the speed of fans could actually promote circulation, whereas the high current counterpart was creating conflicting air paths. But, that is likely not the circumstance. 

No, you will not lose performance unless you are thermal throttling. Yes, you will pick up anywhere from 0-10c, which could be the difference of thermal throttling in some circumstances. 

Just monitor your temps and decide what noise level you are comfortable with in cohesion with the temperatures you're receiving. 

6 hours ago, Alexokan said:

I would argue it depends on the set-up. As lowering the speed of fans could actually promote circulation, whereas the high current counterpart was creating conflicting air paths. But, that is likely not the circumstance. 

No, you will not lose performance unless you are thermal throttling. Yes, you will pick up anywhere from 0-10c, which could be the difference of thermal throttling in some circumstances. 

Just monitor your temps and decide what noise level you are comfortable with in cohesion with the temperatures you're receiving. 

I get around 55-60°c during prime95 so my temps are pretty nice. I will install the low noise adapters tomorrow and see for myself