CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z Not Posting

Andster29

I recently attempted to move over to Windows 10 a few nights ago. When I went to preform clean install I got all the way to selecting my drive when out of the blue my computer shut down. When I went to turn it back on nothing happened. The LED's on the board continued to glow but the board did not react to the power button. I tested the power supply by using a paper clip and nothing was wrong. I pulled out the ram and reinstalled it nothing. I even tried relashing the BIOS and that feature did not even work. I also tried resetting the cmos, nothing. Does anyone happen to have any ideas? Anything else I can try while waiting for an RMA?

Specs:

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z

CPU: AMD FX-8350 at 4.0ghz

RAM: G.Skill Sniper series 1866mhz 16gb

Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart Series 850W

GPU: Nvidia 760

Hard Drives: Adata SP600 and a WD Black

5 minutes ago, Andster29 said:

I recently attempted to move over to Windows 10 a few nights ago. When I went to preform clean install I got all the way to selecting my drive when out of the blue my computer shut down. When I went to turn it back on nothing happened. The LED's on the board continued to glow but the board did not react to the power button. I tested the power supply by using a paper clip and nothing was wrong. I pulled out the ram and reinstalled it nothing. I even tried relashing the BIOS and that feature did not even work. I also tried resetting the cmos, nothing. Does anyone happen to have any ideas? Anything else I can try while waiting for an RMA?

Specs:

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z

CPU: AMD FX-8350 at 4.0ghz

RAM: G.Skill Sniper series 1866mhz 16gb

Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart Series 850W

GPU: Nvidia 760

Hard Drives: Adata SP600 and a WD Black

I have this board,

Its VERY picky about the ram timings,

you must manually set the timings in bios

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

I have this board,

Its VERY picky about the ram timings,

you must manually set the timings in bios

I am not even getting into the BIOS. When I push the power button on bother the board an my case nothing happens and the LED's along the audio section are on. I know the board is getting power, but it is not activating when told to. 

2 minutes ago, Andster29 said:

I am not even getting into the BIOS. When I push the power button on bother the board an my case nothing happens and the LED's along the audio section are on. I know the board is getting power, but it is not activating when told to. 

Possibly physical problem?

check for scratches, track marks, such.

Also, possibly, the win 10 file got corrupted, and wont let the computer even boot.

35 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

Possibly physical problem?

check for scratches, track marks, such.

Also, possibly, the win 10 file got corrupted, and wont let the computer even boot.

Does your board make a beeping sound in the VRM area when in high prefomance mode? Almost like a coil whine but more of a beeping. 

Just now, Andster29 said:

Does your board make a beeping sound in the VRM area when in high prefomance mode? Almost like a coil whine but more of a beeping. 

no.

not at all.

its a pretty decent quality motherboard

2 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

no.

not at all.

its a pretty decent quality motherboard

Then that must have been a warning sign for this issue. I will have to tell Asus that next time they email back. I had no other issues with the board up until this point .

27 minutes ago, Andster29 said:

Then that must have been a warning sign for this issue. I will have to tell Asus that next time they email back. I had no other issues with the board up until this point .

How long have u had it? rma itit

18 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

How long have u had it? rma itit

3 years. I am in the process to try an rma it.

5 hours ago, Andster29 said:

3 years. I am in the process to try an rma it.

Yeah, get it RMAd.

If theres still problemes, its something else