Racing Gear

DyGr00339
Go to solution Solved by Minsekt,

Logitech G920 / Trustmaster T500 / a Fanatec if you want something fancy. if youre on a budget get a G27.

Looking for a racing wheel, pedals, and shift box for PC. I play games ranging from GTA - Dirt Rally - Nascar

Any suggestions appriciated

Logitech G920 / Trustmaster T500 / a Fanatec if you want something fancy. if youre on a budget get a G27.

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

3 minutes ago, Minsekt said:

I will probably do the G27, thank you. I have never had the whole "Racing" experience before and just used keyboard. If I love it I will upgrade :)

I have a DF-GT that i got used. It's noisy, but has a lot more buttons than the g27. (fixed by silicone grease)  No clutch though.

If a used wheel is close by, it may be worth it to check it out.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

1 hour ago, ShiftHitTheFan said:

I have a DF-GT that i got used. It's noisy, but has a lot more buttons than the g27. (fixed by silicone grease)  No clutch though.

If a used wheel is close by, it may be worth it to check it out.

I extremely want the clutch, the only vehicle I will drive is manual so would like to stick with it in a video game as well

6 hours ago, DyGr00339 said:

I extremely want the clutch, the only vehicle I will drive is manual so would like to stick with it in a video game as well

Good choice. Every time I have a friend try out my G27 they say the shifter is the best part and they never expected that the be the case. It really makes you a lot more engaged with the car and helps make you feel like you're operating this giant machine. Plus, it adds a lot to the game when you're playing Dirt Rally and switch between the stickshift on the older cars like the 80's BMW to the paddle shifters on the newer ones like the 2010 WRC Fiesta RS. It really adds a lot to the immersion.

And Good choice with the G27. The G29/920 is a waste of money. Same internal hardware as the G27 but no shifter :/

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)