Email server on centos?

I was looking at setting up my own email server on my centos server. I was thinking about using Iredmail, Has anyone here used it before? What are your other recommendations for mail servers? 

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

Used to have a CentOS setup similar to yours.

• (Obviously) you'll need a static IP or use something like NoIP
  • Depending on how much mail you will store consider a decent RAID setup. 
  • Depending on how reliable your machine and connection is, especially with sending outgoing mail you can have some issues if you try to said too much.

1 minute ago, TechEric said:

Used to have a CentOS setup similar to yours.

• (Obviously) you'll need a static IP or use something like NoIP
  • Depending on how much mail you will store consider a decent RAID setup. 
  • Depending on how reliable your machine and connection is, especially with sending outgoing mail you can have some issues if you try to said too much.

I normally use Fishdns for my dns, Its really easy to use compared to noip

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

On 2/2/2016 at 10:35 AM, Kobrastachka said:

I normally use Fishdns for my dns, Its really easy to use compared to noip

Most spam filters will block anything that is not a static IP, because most bot spam comes from dynamic ranges.

IRedMail is pretty good for general purpose stuff, but once you dig deep into it you realize nothing is better than a custom Dovecot + Postfix + Amavis setup. IRedMail actually is a "Dovecot + Postfix + Amavis" setup with a bunch of fancy custom authentication scripts and user interfaces.

7 hours ago, F4S4K4N said:

but once you dig deep into it you realize nothing is better than a custom Dovecot + Postfix + Amavis setup.

No offense, but that's a pretty bold statement to be making of MTAs in general.  Dovecot is an excellent way to retrieve mail (I use it extensively), so I agree with that part.  But postfix?  Trash.  Always has been, always will be.

If your MTA doesn't start with "send" and end with "mail", it belongs in /dev/null.  There's a reason it's still around after all these many years: it works.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

3 hours ago, jasonvp said:

No offense, but that's a pretty bold statement to be making of MTAs in general.  Dovecot is an excellent way to retrieve mail (I use it extensively), so I agree with that part.  But postfix?  Trash.  Always has been, always will be.

If your MTA doesn't start with "send" and end with "mail", it belongs in /dev/null.  There's a reason it's still around after all these many years: it works.

Yea, and some people still swear by exim... Everyone has an opinion.

Postfix works, and it can be easily setup in a secure manner. Sure you don't get the fine granularity of control that sendmail gives you and it doesn't always scale the best. However, In small deployments it works fine, which is what we're talking about here. IRedMail also works fine too, but you loose more control that way as you're being abstracted into a web interface. IRedMail uses postfix, because they aren't trying to be a multi-thousand user mail server.

So i'm not going to disagree with you on the fact that sendmail is a better tool, but we're talking about someone who probably has little experience in this area and postfix can do the job while not being terribly hard to wrap you're head around.