Dual Asus PG279Q vs PG348Q / Dual Acer X27 or X34

jcam51290

Hi guys,

I'm currently building my gaming rig. My parts are about to arrive from Amazon in 1 week. But I have not ordered a monitor yet. I still can't decide which one to pick. I heard that the best gaming monitor right now should have G-Sync. Any suggestions beside from the mentioned monitors above? I mostly play dota 2, nba 2k, cod. A monitor that is also best for watching movie as well. I would appreciate all your suggestions. Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, jcam51290 said:

Hi guys,

I'm currently building my gaming rig. My parts are about to arrive from Amazon in 1 week. But I have not ordered a monitor yet. I still can't decide which one to pick. I heard that the best gaming monitor right now should have G-Sync. Any suggestions beside from the mentioned monitors above? I mostly play dota 2, nba 2k, cod. A monitor that is also best for watching movie as well. I would appreciate all your suggestions. Thanks in advance. 

If you can afford the x34 just grab that since in my opinion ultrawide gaming is a very nice thing. It also makes watching movies pleasent experience since there are no black bars

Edited by roctrebira

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

14 minutes ago, roctrebira said:

If you can afford the x34 just grab that since in my opinion ultrawide gaming is a very nice thing. It also makes watching movies pleasent experience since there are no black bars

Although I agree that the X34 is an excellent option, it's not necessarily true that movies won't have black bars. That's all the dependent on the aspect ratio of the source.

Just now, SuicideAnomaly said:

Although I agree that the X34 is an excellent option, it's not necessarily true that movies won't have black bars. That's all the dependent on the aspect ratio of the source.

True, I myself haven't run into a movie ive watched on my monitor that isn't in a 21:9 ratio.

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

1 hour ago, roctrebira said:

True, I myself haven't run into a movie ive watched on my monitor that isn't in a 21:9 ratio.

1 hour ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

Thanks roctrebira and Suicide for your suggestions. Meaning that you guys prefer the X34 than the PG348Q since both to them have the same specs?

1 minute ago, jcam51290 said:

Thanks roctrebira and Suicide for your suggestions. Meaning that you guys prefer the X34 than the PG348Q since both to them have the same specs?

It's the better choice currently since the Asus just lauched if there are any big QC problems then you will want to wait but the X34 has had its big QC problems sorted out already. :)

33 minutes ago, roctrebira said:

It's the better choice currently since the Asus just lauched if there are any big QC problems then you will want to wait but the X34 has had its big QC problems sorted out already. :)

Oh i didn't notice that. Thanks for the heads up. I bet they both have the same price. So it is better if I go with a single X34 than dual X27? For both gaming and watching movies. 

10 hours ago, jcam51290 said:

Oh i didn't notice that. Thanks for the heads up. I bet they both have the same price. So it is better if I go with a single X34 than dual X27? For both gaming and watching movies. 

Yep go with the x34 for now and if you want to in the future just grab a cheap 1080p ips monitor as a secondary display.