2 IPs available.

My school gives us both AP access and Ethernet jacks in our rooms. According to Task Manager they both have different IP addresses when active. What kind of benefits can I get from having two IPs speedwise and how could I configure that properly?

Get IP banned from one place, switch to the other IP, and go back :D

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

if you have software like cFosSpeed available (usually rebranded by motherboard makers like ASUS and AsRock as some type of network utility taht you can find in the drivers and utilities section for your motherboard, if custom built) you can use it to use both connections. No guarentees on how well it actually works though.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Are they public or private IPs? It is possible the AP is feeding the ethernet jack, so even though you have 2 private IP's (192.168.x.x) it still ties to one device, one speed, and 1 public IP. You could work something out with special software or ICS, but I don't think it would be worth it. Wired is always going to be faster then wireless, so bridging your wireless and wired connections would cause more issues then it helps IMO. Specially in a school where the amount of students so close together(dorm?) cause pretty bad congestion and interference. 

With that said, what kind of things were you looking to do? Were you mainly focused on speed? Did you have a server or something running that needs it's own IP?

2 minutes ago, Trikein said:

Are they public or private IPs? It is possible the AP is feeding the ethernet jack, so even though you have 2 private IP's (192.168.x.x) it still ties to one device, one speed, and 1 public IP. You could work something out with special software or ICS, but I don't think it would be worth it. Wired is always going to be faster then wireless, so bridging your wireless and wired connections would cause more issues then it helps IMO. Specially in a school where the amount of students so close together(dorm?) cause pretty bad congestion and interference. 

With that said, what kind of things were you looking to do? Were you mainly focused on speed? Did you have a server or something running that needs it's own IP?

Well speed vary across the two (Ethernet gets about 8 Mb/s and WiFi >50 Mb/s), but they run through the same DNS systems I suppose. I was mainly looking for speed.

5 minutes ago, TheGhostOfGrace said:

Well speed vary across the two (Ethernet gets about 8 Mb/s and WiFi >50 Mb/s), but they run through the same DNS systems I suppose. I was mainly looking for speed.

software like cFosSpeed is supposed to cause program A to use one interface and program B to use the other, in theory increasing your speed. even if you sign into the same username on both networks, the caps are probably managed per MAC address.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Wow, your Wifi is faster then ethernet? That is odd. 

Well I found two possible solutions. One requires changing of registry keys, so be warned. Do your own research before attempting to make sure it's safe. This one (video) uses a script, and this one uses a exploit. I would try the second one first, since changing the metric is pretty harmless. Just my spider sense is telling me it's too simple to work.